Author Topic: Ugly  (Read 385 times)

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Ugly
« on: August 28, 2005, 08:52:43 PM »
warpage in the MA tonight. Worse than I have seen for a very long time.
I'm with Skuzzy - ban VOIP!

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline eh

• Copper Member
Ugly
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 10:12:35 PM »
What's VOIP? If it stands for "Very Old" something or other, I resemble it.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Ugly
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 10:23:13 PM »
VOIP = voice over internet protocol: ie people using the internet for phone service.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Ugly
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 10:23:30 PM »
VOIP = voice over IP (phones over the net essentially). Bandwidth piracy IMO.

asw
asw

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
Ugly
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 10:36:54 PM »
Thats right....you own the internet and should decide how everyone should use it.....GEEZ.  Its up to providers and service companies to regulate bandwidth......

BTW just how much flipping badwidth do you think your VOX in AH uses

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Ugly
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 10:43:24 PM »
Thought it was just me! I have my PC really streamlined to run this game and keep up with it on a regular basis. I completley suspected my PC as causing the probs. I did a full sweep for any spyware or any programs running in the background that are not normally on. All looked good. So a restart of the PC and relog back into the main.

All was the same. I had reports from enemy that engagements we were in I looked as if I had stalled the plane. On my end they were in front of me, disapear then reapear at a different angle then I am dying. I stuck with it as long as I could, but had to log in frustration.

Hopeing this is isolated and not related to any recent changes made to the servers. Tomorrow is another day and looking forward to this warping to stop.
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Ugly
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 10:55:46 PM »
Originally posted by ALF
Thats right....you own the internet and should decide how everyone should use it.....GEEZ.  Its up to providers and service companies to regulate bandwidth......

BTW just how much flipping badwidth do you think your VOX in AH uses

Rest easy Alf, IMO = in my opinion. As a sometimes member of the human race I understand I'm entitled to one, as are you.
VOIP is a bandwidth hog using a bandwidth limited system. If the voip companies start chipping in for increased capability on the net I'll have no problem with them. The thing is they are not going to chip in until they have to and right now I understand they don't.
AH vox? You're kidding, right? Try using voip on a dialup and see if you get comparable results.

asw
asw

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Ugly
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 10:24:13 AM »
BGP is a fickle fellow...

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Ugly
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 10:48:37 AM »
Originally posted by detch01
R
VOIP is a bandwidth hog using a bandwidth limited system. If the voip companies start chipping in for increased capability on the net I'll have no problem with them.
asw

Hmmm, they pay for limited up/down links (circuits) to an internet backbone just the same as anyone else.  It's the customers that are increasing thier bandwidth use if anyone is to blame.