Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 565 times)

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
Two questions
« on: September 02, 2005, 10:39:18 AM »
First, do PT boat kills not count for anything? I mean they 're a GV like any other and certainly bristling with MG's and cannon so why wouldn't they?

Second: What does it take to kill an HQ now?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Two questions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 09:50:52 PM »
I'll cover the second one   :)

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Two questions
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
As to the first one -- yeah, i've always thought my PT kills counted as GV kills; havent noticed them falling short, but havent done a detailed analysis. As far as I know, the only MA kills that dont show on score are from Ship and Land guns.

Stats page shows all kills and deaths with kill credit going to a player; this includes proxies but does not include deaths or captures that occur without another AH player getting credit. For example, if you run out of gas and auger in the middle of nowhere, no enemy gets credit for the kill and your death wont be on the stats.

Scores only show kills you get with damage credited to you (i.e. if you ping once and a drone pops, you get score credit; if he pops without your guns touching at least once, it doesnt show up on score page). However, score deaths include ALL your deaths and captures whether another player got credit or not.

Could this be why some kills you got in PTs arent showing up for you -- were they augers without your guns touching?? Only thing I can think of.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:33:06 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Jnuk

• Copper Member
Two questions
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 09:08:06 AM »
Actually I thought I heard that it took more for the HQ now.  
But i could be wrong.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Two questions
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 09:40:25 AM »
yeah, its either 32 or 39k now

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Two questions
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 09:59:18 AM »
In PT's try getting close to a city or strat object, like training, city, refinery, etc.

Carefully line up and shoot off your rockets so that a couple of buildings blow.  I think you'll see a lot more points show up afterwards.  Its not easy, but it is possible.

Killing planes doesn't get you much, its scored much like shooting planes in CV guns or field manable guns.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Two questions
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 10:48:44 AM »
Nono, PT Kills meaning- Killed a PT boat with a plane, and it didn't show up under Fighter or Attack kills. Not killing things with a PT boat.

I know that mine didn't show up the other night. I landed 4 kills in a Spit 9, all of them were PT boats, and when I checked my scores the next day I still only had 1 kill total between Fighter/Bomber/Attack/GV.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Two questions
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 02:58:07 AM »
Originally posted by kesolei
Nono, PT Kills meaning- Killed a PT boat with a plane, and it didn't show up under Fighter or Attack kills. Not killing things with a PT boat.

I know that mine didn't show up the other night. I landed 4 kills in a Spit 9, all of them were PT boats, and when I checked my scores the next day I still only had 1 kill total between Fighter/Bomber/Attack/GV.

Well, well if it ain't Betty:p

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Two questions
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 09:54:26 AM »
When you score the flight as a fighter flight the pt boat kills dont count.

When you score it as an attack sortie i was under the impression they would count as kills when you do them with your forward guns.

When its a bomber sortie i think it must be a kill with bombs on gvs, or it may not? Ask a bomber expert.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Two questions
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 10:10:52 AM »
Shutt is correct. When you fly a fighter/attack plane make sure your selecting 'ATTACK" mission if your going to straff or shoot ANY ground targets. 'FIGHTER" missions only score air to air kills.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Two questions
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 10:43:48 AM »
I think the only thing counting as a kill for a PT boat is another PT or a vehicle. Im not sure though. And i dont know where it shows in the stats (as vehicle kill probably).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Two questions
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 01:24:20 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Well, well if it ain't Betty:p

Betty? Who's Betty? :P

Hey Bear. ;)