Author Topic: Why Didn't Nader Pick-Up Any "Divined" Votes?  (Read 480 times)

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Why Didn't Nader Pick-Up Any "Divined" Votes?
« on: December 12, 2000, 07:33:00 AM »
With all the recounts that had been done, especially in heavily Democratic counties, did Nader pick up any votes?

I haven't heard if he did or didn't.  But in trying to divine the intent of the voter, wouldn't it be a bit of a false assumption to attribute a vote to Gore on an otherwise straight Democratic ballot.  Afterall, likely Nader voter's would also be likely to vote Democratic in the other races.  I point this out relative to a couple of the counties that allowed votes to go for Gore even if the Presidential slot had no marks, but the rest of the ballot was punched along part lines.

Anyway, might be a question to ask, when considering how slippery it is to divine the intent of the voter.

Cobra

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 07:54:00 AM »
Alittle OT, but, have you read the Mandate that Nader proposed during his election crusade?

Here's one item that stood out "Collective Farms"....this is only one, the others combined with it made me think I was reading the old Soviet Union political doctrine.

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 08:10:00 AM »
Even if Nader did pick up votes (or Buch for that matter), the media won't report it just yet, because it does not matter.  They're getting their ratings with Bush v Gore right now....not much ratings when you report on people with no chance to win (of course, the impact Nader had on Gore sure could be a story they could pick up on).

Fury

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 04:25:00 PM »
The candidate with the most money divines the best.