Author Topic: Could you take the time to aknowldge?  (Read 774 times)

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Could you take the time to aknowldge?
« on: August 30, 2005, 12:53:13 PM »
All to many times I read a thread that has merrit about connectivity or gameplay, and see that staff has taken the time to read through the posts and edit for BBS posting rules violations, but doesn't take the time respond to the actual issue addressed in the thread.

As I read through a thread about recent lag issues that have several posts deleted by hitech himself, as well as multiple posts from pillars of the community agreeing on the problem and that they have it also. There was NO response from staff explaining the apparent gamewide issue. Time was taken to edit unruly posts, but not to explain the cause and possible solution to the actual existing problem.

Why not take the extra 30 to 90 seconds and offer a bit of explaination/cure.  I think it would be greatly appreciated by your community.

A_Clown

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 01:15:30 PM »
They actually do respond to requests, complaints that are unique or are addressing a new issue. The fact is that a large % of the requests or compaints are far from new and have been addresses already in the past. Just search these forums and you will see.

Even now they are currently addressing issues of connection problems by changing their service provider from Savvis to AT&T.

There is currently testing being done with the assistance of the community to better improve frame rates.

If your post goes unacknowledged by the staff it was most likely already been addressed before, is being worked on or as HT once said: "been suggested before, sucked then, still does"

(Don't mean for that to be offensive, I just think that response is classic HiTech.:aok )

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 01:23:47 PM »
Good point Clifra.

I am sure they probably have bigger fish to fry. Still it wouldnt take long to make a quick aknowledgment, even if it said only "we are aware of the issue, and it is being addressed".  Warps are not new issues, but are often caused by new issues or circumstance.

Without an official response, we are left to our own assumptions.

A_Clown
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:28:22 PM by A_Clown »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 01:33:40 PM »
Originally posted by A_Clown
Good point Clifra.

I am sure they probably have bigger fish to fry. Still it wouldnt take long to make a quick aknowledgment, even if it said only "we are aware of the issue, and it is being addressed".  Warps are not new issues, but are often caused by new issues or circumstance.

Without an official response, we are left to our own assumptions.

A_Clown

I'm not too sure if I'd want to be on the receiving end of one of HT's "quick acknowledgements". :lol

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 02:19:49 PM »
HT didn't delete posts because it spoke bad of him but because they were flaming him.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"