Author Topic: Dead or captured  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Gato

• Copper Member
      • http://catzman.blogspot.com
Dead or captured
« on: August 28, 2005, 07:42:22 PM »
Which is better, to die, to be captured or run?  I know there are times when I will keep flying in combat just because there is nothing to getting shot down. I just reup.  When in real combat if the plane is damaged it is best to turn and run, to fight later.  Maybe if there was a time delay to reup because of dieing or being captured we would think more about it.  Yeah, this is a game and for fun, but there is a lot to life and the way we fight.  Also it would make a big difference on how we attack a base knowing we can't just reup as soon as the crash.  There also could ba small point loss added to it.

Also, have you ever noticed you can crash into a hanger or ack and you die, but no damage is done to what you crash into?  

The other day I was flying a goon, not looking where I was going and met with a tree.  Lost a wing just outside of the town.  I was not able to let the troops out on the ground.  WHY?  When I clicked tower, it said I ditched and was captured, so I didn't crash or die.

Anyway, I just wanted to get some other thoughts on this.

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 12:28:39 AM »
if anything you should lose points (maybe perks?) or  if not have your K/D ratio lowered more if you crash then if you ditch/capture.

I hate how it doesnt make a different if you bail or land the plane in enemy terriorty then if you crash and die. It still effects the K/D ratio the same way

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 04:36:05 AM »
K/D rate makes no diffrence if you die,crash or get captured. Ditching makes a diffrence though.

The score is calculated according to the outcome of the flight, so if you did hit a lot of targets landing>ditch>bail>crash>capture>die.

With hitting targets that of course have to be targets of the according category.

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 02:32:24 PM »
yeah but it shouldnt count the same, if you capture, bail or die...

Dying is alot different then bailing out...it shouldnt effect your K/D since you didnt die

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 02:40:39 PM »
Originally posted by DVDA
Dying is alot different then bailing out...it shouldnt effect your K/D since you didnt die

Then if you shot down an enemy, but the pilot bails out, that should not count as a kill as the enemy is still alive.

Offline Gato

• Copper Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 02:47:01 PM »
Well, what I sort of had in mind was if you die, it effects your score, but if you are captured it will delay the time for you to reup in another plane, GV, CV or gunner.  Say something like a 5 minute delay.  That would change the tactics if you know there will be a delay if you go down and are captured.

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 04:14:06 PM »
What I would propose is if you dye flying plane X, you will not be alowed to use plane X again in the next 5 minutes.

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 01:25:55 AM »
Originally posted by MANDO
Then if you shot down an enemy, but the pilot bails out, that should not count as a kill as the enemy is still alive.

A "Kill" is considered an Aerial Victory, they person doesnt have to die but the plane must be destroyed, so it crashing into the ground because the pilot bailed is a "kill". If the pilot manages to land that piece of junk (in non enemy territory) its not a kill because the plane is broken a bit but its still salvageable... if the pilot lands the busted up plane in enemy territory its a kill cause you captured it.........

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 06:09:59 PM »
what no rebuttal?

Offline Gato

• Copper Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 07:00:24 PM »
Okay DVDA.  I have a rebuttal a sort for you.  Anytime a pilot has to bail it is a kill, period.  IF he gets back to friendly territory  and ditches, it's not a kill.  If he ditches in enemy terr. it's a capture.  As it stands now, we get kills and assists.  There is nothing if a pilot is captured.  I can understand this as it would create a bucket of worms.

The whole point of this thread was about dying or being captured.  I think there should be some kind of penalty for both.  Either in time lost or points.

But I guess I can see how a defination about what is a kill and what is not enters into the equation.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Dead or captured
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 03:42:35 PM »
The amount of perks you get is determined by if you die or live, or ditch, get captured, whatever.

Captured planes count as a "kill" and will show in your buffer as a kill; same as if he crashed or bailed.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.