Author Topic: Anyone working on an 82nd FG P-38J?  (Read 524 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Anyone working on an 82nd FG P-38J?
« on: September 18, 2005, 12:02:50 PM »
Now that cooler, wet weather is impending I'm thinking about skinning again.   While looking through my old files I found I had started a P-38J from the 82nd FG.   I think I intended it to be C.O. Ben Mason's "Billy Boy", but I hadn't gotten as far as the nose art.

Was someone else working on a nat metal '38 from the 82nd?   I've looked through AH-skins as well as the "Under Construction" topic here but don't see anything...

Citabria - hopefully you are planning a few more 38s?

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 12:58:19 PM »
I am still plugging away on adding eveyr posible detail I can find on my p51D. but I am interested in doing a p38J for the 475th FG and a head hunters p38J with the green spinners with white trim and yellow lettering called Porky II but I think thats 80th FG not 82nd so knock yourself out! :) there is a lot of spam filler skins in the 38J lineup so bumping some of those porkers out wont take much.

I am pretty sure HTC's policy on accepting skins once the planes got 15 is to delete poorly constructed skins if the submitted skins are very high quality.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 04:08:17 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
I am still plugging away on adding eveyr posible detail I can find on my p51D. but I am interested in doing a p38J for the 475th FG and a head hunters p38J with the green spinners with white trim and yellow lettering called Porky II but I think thats 80th FG not 82nd so knock yourself out! :) there is a lot of spam filler skins in the 38J lineup so bumping some of those porkers out wont take much.

I am pretty sure HTC's policy on accepting skins once the planes got 15 is to delete poorly constructed skins if the submitted skins are very high quality.

Porky II was a P38H Fester.  The restored Planes of Fame J model is painted as Porky  II.

Ed Cragg was killed in his H model "Porky II"  He was CO of the 80th FS Headhunters at the time.

How bout doing  Danny Robert's 433rd FS 475th FG P38H instead? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 06:19:53 PM »
If you do the Porky skin, I promise to do my best to mail both the nice picture I took of Cragg's hometown newspaper and the skin in AH (both framed) to the grand-nephew of Cragg.

I have a good idea where he lives now, I just don't want to come empty handed and bother him.

Btw, as Corky/Dan and I discovered, Edward Cragg's brother flew P38s in Europe and was a West Point Grad.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 04:20:22 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria

Well, just don't knock out the 479th skin or there will be a lot of crying Raiders.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 08:10:48 PM »
no can see ur skin at 30k ak ak ...............lol jk S!