Author Topic: Whats the loadout again?  (Read 2623 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Whats the loadout again?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »
by that logic we should get rid of the mission planner completely. I mean we can always use range/tuned vox and country text to set up a country mission right? while we're at it lets dump vox as well, as its just an "easymode" substitute for people who are too lazy to type. :rolleyes:
nice sarcasm holmes, you didnt get my point did ya?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 11:07:58 AM »
I'd rather have the ability to used the up/down arrows to scroll through the last 4 or 5 things I typed into the text bar...especially for the squad channel.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 11:08:22 AM »
It may seem like a small thing, but wanting to have the same skin is another reason to not want to use the mission planner.  Yes, I suppose you could just put up a mission so you can see the load out and field, and just not launch it, but you still risk getting some people just jump along.

If we plan a mission, it's not a matter of everyone talking, it's that we may launch in 15 minutes and certain people are either; engaged in a fight, afk, not even on yet, talking to other squads, etc.

We make it work with vox and text, but a squad mission planner would streamline and simplify the process without giving the squad any unfair advantage.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 03:26:09 PM »
I'd rather have the ability to used the up/down arrows to scroll through the last 4 or 5 things I typed into the text bar...especially for the squad channel.

:aok

as long as theres flood prevention for spam dorks..

make it mute em if they repeat themselves more than 2 times in a minute ;)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »

What do you mean?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
Wut do U meen?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:48:45 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 04:48:11 PM »
What R U talking about?
My Current Rig:

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
nice sarcasm holmes, you didnt get my point did ya?

I got it well enuf to refute it using reductio ad absurdum. not sarcasm, but some people call it the lowest form of debate :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »
I got it well enuf to refute it using reductio ad absurdum. not sarcasm, but some people call it the lowest form of debate :)
:aok :lol
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 09:38:40 PM »
What R U talking about?

yea but you didn't use up-arrow to re-type your last entry in the text buffer in game..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »
What do you mean?
Wut do U meen?
What R U talking about?

Would have been easier to use the exact same words with the ability to cache the last few things you typed and use the up/down arrows to bring them up.   :neener:

:aok

as long as theres flood prevention for spam dorks..

I agree, although I have some squadmates that haven't quite figured out the nuances of answering verbal inquiries with red text...so for squad channel I would want the ability to "get their attention".
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 09:53:35 AM »
I agree, although I have some squadmates that haven't quite figured out the nuances of answering verbal inquiries with red text...so for squad channel I would want the ability to "get their attention".

OMG
What fun we could have with blinky text!   :D
My Current Rig:

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
+1 would be nice though msn VOX does make it pretty simple right now.

I also like the idea for a squad only planner. Now if only there were enough squaddies on to do a mission of any kind... :(

My piggyback request would be to modify the planner's loadout and aircraft. So many times the planning is awful and you would just love to tweak it.  You're left with one of two options. Don't play or join the 10 other guys asking for changes.  I think this delays/scraps a lot of mission. Sure, let the planner do his thing, but let me change that 190A8 to a F6F if I want.  A few options would do wonders for the number of organized missions out there. If I'm stuck at an options screen when the mission rolls give me a popup with a 20 sec timer to: A. Drop from the mission B. Finish my loadout and roll C. Roll with the msn planner's aircraft and loadout.  If the timer expires, it defaults to option C.

Another idea: Let the mission planner make "Flights" instead of just throwing out aircraft types and loadouts.  Let me make a flight of mixed IL-2s and F6Fs and label it "CAS flight" and another flight made up of P-38s and P-51s and label it "kickbutt top cover". 

One last thing: VOX is great, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Since the mission planner is usually the mission commander, give him a basic draw tool on his clip board. Something basic like the little routing tool for task groups.  This will enable pretty precise stuff if used properly instead of  "fly straight there en masse and hit the VH first". Msn members that open their own clip board will have all their normal clipboard controls but be able to see what the Msn Commander is drawing.  No this is not realistic, but it is a good gameplay concession IMO since nobody wants to sit in a msn planning brief on the ground for 30 min like they would in RL.

:salute

NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »
Hmmm.....

Say, like everytime you start a dot command, ".(after dot is entered the text last entered pops up)"  So that, {dot enter} = the last text you put in text buffer.

Then if you type any valid dot command after the dot, ".sr{spacebar}( the text disappears){enter} and the correct dot command is executed.

This would also, be useful for avoiding having to re type text sent over incorrect channel.  For instance I type text on squad or country channel that I meant to put out on 200.... "<S> Letalis nice job!"  I see my error pops up on squad text and just open 200 channel and hit dot enter, and Letalis receives his compliment.

Now, even cooler would be if I could edit  .(last text that I typed in buffer) by placing my cursor in correct area.  Then, I could make small corrections to a lengthy text, like changing fuel to 75 instead of 50 or .<S> Letalis nice job, I was up for 4 hrs, and had to call my Dr.  :D

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 07:56:12 PM »
 :aok :rofl :bolt:
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein