Author Topic: B-29 Super Fortress  (Read 87152 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: B-29 Super Fortress
« Reply #2520 on: September 29, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »
do you play any other online games like WoW or Asheron's Call?  every month they come out with new armor weapons and quests , like clock work. the teams that work on those are much bigger then those at high tech. how many people does high tech have working on coding new planes for the game?? i can bet its less then a major MMORPG does.
Do you know how easy it is to add an object that doesn't have any real world characteristics? It's as easy as taking the file of an existing object, modify it to fit the new model (which is just as easy to create) and add it to your little fantasy world, 1 week max. The quests are nothing but scripts, 2 weeks of actual keyboard work. They have to do that because all you kids get bored quickly.

Again, no indication that you know what you're talking about.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #2521 on: September 29, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
I think the main reason it shouldn't be added is because HT himself said it won't be added.

Semp

I would like to know where he said this. When the perk system first came out Pyro himself used the B29 as an example of a perk aircraft.

EDIT: Here is where Pyro mentions the B29.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,14716.0.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 04:17:17 PM by Beefcake »
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #2522 on: September 29, 2010, 03:42:40 PM »
its obvious this debate is really between a B-29 "pullman" and a B-29 "silver plate" model , i could see where adding the  "silver plate" would not make good business, as a regular B-29 would not carry such weapon. and the silver plate model doesnt meet the critiria of the game due to numbers made (3 total (42-65209, -216, and -217). and also there was a total of what 4-5 total atom bombs made during the entire WWII era  so i would not expect or a nuke carrying B-29 to be ever in this game. plain and simple. a regular B-29 i could see maybe not now, but at some point once other more popular planes are added, it will. 

Columbus, Columbus, Columbus.  Nobody is talking about having the atom bomb with the B-29.  I have made a strong argument that the B-29 dropped more bombs (in tonnage) then the two atom bombs together.   
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #2523 on: September 29, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »
do you play any other online games like WoW or Asheron's Call?  every month they come out with new armor weapons and quests , like clock work. the teams that work on those are much bigger then those at high tech. how many people does high tech have working on coding new planes for the game?? i can bet its less then a major MMORPG does.

I play WoW on and off aswell, but you have to remember, 11,000,000+ subscribers on WoW to 500+ (off the top of my head, feel free to correct) for AH means bigger budget for WoW and bigger demand. The way AH runs stuff is just fine. The way WoW runs stuff is just fine. Leave them to themselves.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2524 on: September 29, 2010, 04:39:52 PM »
my point is though. for AH to code new stuff in with a small staff isnt as easy as a Major MMORPG. but if AH did have a bigger stuff decaded to coding new planes you would see more planes being introduced then the current rate. unless AH just doesnt want that. your guess is as good as mine.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2525 on: September 29, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »
I see what you are saying columbus, with more labor, comes more productivity.  However, the customer base in WoW and AH is very very different.  I wouldn't say the subscriber number is as low as 500, but only a few thousand I would guess.  They update the game enough to keep the majority of people happy and I don't think that more regular updates would significantly increase subscriptions; so I would assume they've made the decision it's not worth the investment to hire more labor.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2526 on: September 29, 2010, 05:40:21 PM »
Bring on the B32!!!.....................well no not really  :neener:

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2527 on: September 29, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »
rubber ducky :noid
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2528 on: September 29, 2010, 07:25:44 PM »
I don't see how adding more planes will "enhance" my experience.  I love this game (hate the caps/eny).  Games like wow will never compare to aw or ah, we are talking about two different things that have nothing in common.  One based on real life, other on fantasy.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2529 on: September 29, 2010, 07:49:59 PM »
I don't see how adding more planes will "enhance" my experience.  I love this game (hate the caps/eny).  Games like wow will never compare to aw or ah, we are talking about two different things that have nothing in common.  One based on real life, other on fantasy.

Semp

You don't want any more planes because you only fly the Spit8.  Most pople have a favorite but also like to try many of the other deathtraps in the game.  Not really sure what you have against the B-29 as you're not likely to see them in a furball.  :headscratch:

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #2530 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
You don't want any more planes because you only fly the Spit8.  Most pople have a favorite but also like to try many of the other deathtraps in the game.  Not really sure what you have against the B-29 as you're not likely to see them in a furball.  :headscratch:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2531 on: September 29, 2010, 11:15:33 PM »
Bring on the B32!!!.....................well no not really  :neener:

I would love to see the B-32, but we both know that is a definite big NO. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2532 on: September 29, 2010, 11:43:48 PM »
While we're on the topic, I'll take an F-15.

And a B-52.

That is all.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2533 on: September 30, 2010, 12:59:21 AM »

actually I was only replying to people talking about how other games have monthly updates/with new toys released every week and how ah only has a couple of people while the other games have thousands of coaders.  All that talk was bs.

I wish all the plane set was available, except for the b29.  I would love to have the a26, been looking forward to it since I joined ah.  however most planes would just sit in the hangars and would not get used.  I would rather ah spend the time, creating even better looking trees and bushes that will flip my tank in a heartbeat :D or make the current planes just as pretty as the new mossie  :x.

and I hate to admit this but as much as I love the spit8, i love the Il2 even more, that is actually my favorite plane and my second favorite plane is the b26 (which will be replaced as soon as the a26 is available  :uhoh) with the spit8 being third.  which in the coming year will be replaced by the p38.  I got the pedals and ch stick with the intention of using the p38 as my main ride, I love how del and the other p38 flyers whip my but with it  :airplane:.  but I havent had time with me working swing all the time to set up time with a trainer.

as for not wanting the b29, only reason is that it is so fast that you would actually had to be waiting for it to kill it.  kindda like I do with the b26 when i sink the cv and have zeroes trying to catch me.  :salute.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2534 on: September 30, 2010, 01:13:41 AM »

as for not wanting the b29, only reason is that it is so fast that you would actually had to be waiting for it to kill it.  kindda like I do with the b26 when i sink the cv and have zeroes trying to catch me.  :salute.

semp

That is your whole reason why you do not want the B-29?!    Well, i guess that is better then whinning about the it having the Atom bomb, heavy bomb load or the 20 mm guns for defensive. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group