Author Topic: Torque, you're right, Combat Mission Rock!  (Read 550 times)

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Torque, you're right, Combat Mission Rock!
« on: July 08, 2000, 12:27:00 AM »
I finally installed the Gold Demo, and was blown away!  This is the wargame of the future, no doubt (dislike RTS).  I loved watching the whole battle unfold.  When their Eastern Front version comes out I'm buying it immediately.
ingame: Raz

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2000, 01:40:00 PM »
Fill me in, first person shooter? simlator?

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2000, 04:33:00 AM »
Leo,
I ordered and received the whole game (better graphics-sounds and tons of mission/campaigns). If you like the demo you'll love it. You get the real feeling to be there.
Take a look at these MODS:
 http://combathq.thegamers.net/mods/mods.asp

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 07-12-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2000, 08:35:00 AM »
Rip,
It's a turn-based tactical ground combat wargame.  The kicker is that it's done in 3D, so that you can literally view the entire battlefield from any height, any angle.   The troops & vehicles move, there's explosions, tracers, sounds graphics of all sorts.  While the graphics aren't first rate 3D, they more than do the job for the game, since most of the time you're viewing it from a distance od several hundred yards.  You plan your actions for that given turn, then watch as the units follow your commands for that time increment.  When the time runs out, the turn is over, and you plan your actions again.  Right now it's Western Europe, 1944-45.

GATT,
You know me, I'm a Russian front fanatic, so I'm going to wait for when they come out with the Eastern front version in one year.  But I can hardly wait  
ingame: Raz

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2000, 09:42:00 AM »
go grab Mad-Dogs Hires Graphics & Sound Addons: http://combathq.thegamers.net/mdmp/mdmp.asp

its worth it  

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2000, 11:41:00 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info!

Macboy

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2000, 04:09:00 AM »
Very fun game.