Author Topic: LEXUS, INFINITI, ACURA... American cars?  (Read 225 times)

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
LEXUS, INFINITI, ACURA... American cars?
« on: September 30, 2005, 04:06:13 PM »
Are these brands American cars?  I looked at other countries and it seems that only Canada and USA have these badges.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 04:09:52 PM »
No.  Lexus is Toyota's luxury line, and  Infiniti is Nissan's.  Acura is a chunk of Honda, I believe.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 04:42:05 PM »
stroll up to one and look at the VIN number. If it starts with a J, it's japanese built. There's so many various plants all over the world it's ridiculous.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Re: LEXUS, INFINITI, ACURA... American cars?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 04:46:34 PM »
Originally posted by tikky
Are these brands American cars?  I looked at other countries and it seems that only Canada and USA have these badges.

Because we are the only ones stupid enought to pay 50,000 for a hopped up Honds, Nissan, or toyota.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 05:07:12 PM »
I know you can buy Acura's and Lexus here. Dunno about the Infiniti tho, maybe its called something else here.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 06:50:34 PM »
Acura, Infinity, and Lexus are all American luxury counterparts of Honda, Nissan, and Toyota. Essentially, they are a step up from thr highest model of the base groups. They are only sold outside of Japan.

Acura does not exist in Japan, for instance, It's Honda over there. Honda Integra, Honda NSX, yadda yadda.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 09:09:52 PM »
Originally posted by texace
Acura, Infinity, and Lexus are all American luxury counterparts of Honda, Nissan, and Toyota. Essentially, they are a step up from thr highest model of the base groups. They are only sold outside of Japan.

Acura does not exist in Japan, for instance, It's Honda over there. Honda Integra, Honda NSX, yadda yadda.

Correct. For instance, the car I have - the Acrua TSX is the same as the Honda Accord over in Europe - saw several bopping around in Moscow. Just some aesthetic differences, emissions, the MFD on the center console. I don't care really - I know its a Honda. I've owned 3 - last 1 I sold before getting this one I put 250,000 miles on and never replaced the engine or tranny, and it was 5 spd manual 93 Civic VX. Got $1,500 for it when sold to the dealer, who marked it up 500 for the next guy who is making it into a Rally Racer.  You can't ask more of a car then that.

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 12:27:52 AM »
hmmmm i guess almost half of the Acura lineup are originally from Japan and USA

for example... RSX (Integra), TSX (heh, upscalled Accord), and NSX (now discontinued, new one will appear in 2008-9), and RL (its a honda legend in euro and jpn) are Japanese

acura TL and MDX are American