Author Topic: Best quote so far  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Best quote so far
« on: September 08, 2005, 02:31:44 PM »
!!!
 :D
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 03:10:32 PM »
At the point when you start to equate the price of a video game or its delayed release to some kind of cataclysmic world event or social injustice, that's when you become an idiot.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: Best quote so far
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:13:54 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Best quote so far

Yep. Think so too. :D
21 is only half the truth.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:43:14 PM »
Dunno. I always liked

"When being shot at. Shoot back" -Irwin Rommel
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
Best quote so far
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 07:46:54 PM »
This is a winner........

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

General George S. Patton
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 08:20:02 PM »
I normally go out of my way to coach my comments to even those I violently disagree with in a non-confrontational way, and with a degree of respect I believe human beings deserve. So please take this in the spirit it is intended...

Go to hell.

------------

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue--and thoroughly immoral--doctrine that 'violence never solves anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The Ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more disputes in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

- Robert Heinlein

--------------

"Ask me about things I'm familiar with, like drugs or prostitution."

Rodney Dangerfield

----------

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance for the places they can no longer go. Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have left and what they have taught you with their dying. And in that time when men decide they feel safe and call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentile heroes you left behind."

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell, 1 January 1970. Dak To, Vietnam

--------

And file sharing? Why is it that merely downloading Peer to Peer software now means you're exposing yourself to more backdoor activity than a busty seventeen- year-old-Bangkok-beauty speaking broken English innuendoes at the Corkscrew Club in PatPong? Spyware has your PC being probed more than a blossoming boy-band applicant from some Podunk map dot anywhere west of the Mississippi.

-------------

Age and theachery will always triumph over youth and agility.

----------------

Forgiveness is devine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Michelangelo

--------------

Jimmy cracked corn because it was in his blood. His father cracked corn, as did his grandfather before him. In layman's terms, he was a cracker, descended from a long line of crackers.

-----------

Most acts of war appear inappropriate when witnessed from the safety of one's living room.

-----

Teacher - Hey, you kids didn't learn how WW2 ended.
Long pause.
Teacher - We won!
Kids - YAY!

-------------

The big balls award:

In Uganda, there is a hunter who hunts gorillas. Not to uncommon, you might suppose. Only this guy doesn't kill the gorillas. He just tranquilizes them, then dresses them in clown suits. Several gorillas have been found running around like this, and Ugandan authorities have yet to capture this funny mother****er. I say he has gigantic balls, because I think it's a death sentence to pull this kind of **** in Africa. After all, they kill people for theoretically shrinking noodlees.

-----------

The flight simmer's valentines gift prayer:

go in peace my son.

wait. i hear a voice. somunimum dai sumundaus...there another man out there...a man with a shirt. yes HALEHLUHJA a shirt...and pants...lord have mercy... oh how he sufferes lord...he's looking for the right gift lord...sai taitus germundey...yes...hes looking for the right gift because last years gift didnt bring the humpitty love that he so desperately needed...que venissuttio dei...

help him lord...help him find the right gift that he may be blessed with the boobies that you made with your righteous wisdom...dominus rexius...whats that lord?

you say she wants a new joystick?!

god be praised! in homminum del christo.

amen.

------------

The French approach to net-centric warfare favors the concept of "sensor to commander to shooter,” in keeping with the observe-orient-decide-act (OODA) concept developed by the US Air Force strategist Colonel John Boyd long before the emergence of NCW. Humans may fail, of course, in which case the formula may turn into “observe-overreact-destroy-apologize.”

----------

WOMAN: Well, how did you become King, then?
ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,... [angels sing] ...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king!
DENNIS: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

-------

THE END
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 08:24:54 PM by Wolfala »

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »
Done been there Wolfla.  He sent me back.   Think he thought I was gonna take over.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 09:16:53 PM »
"Somebody tries to kill you, you kill 'em right back!" - Firefly (TV series)

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 10:01:31 PM »
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war."

General George S. Patton

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 10:36:44 PM »
John Wayne as Wil Anderson...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 11:40:40 PM »
"Sighted sub, sank same".  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 12:04:10 AM »
"Take this five gallon gasoline can to Montgomery with this message; "Although I am sadly short of gasoline myself, I know of your admiration for our equipment and supplies and I can spare you this five gallons. It will be more than enough to take you as far as you probably will advance in the next two days."

G.S. Patton
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 02:55:30 AM »
LOL. I was talking about the new version quote in AH ;)

Meaning best quote to date in AH versions :)

But please, keep on posting quotes here, several good ones already so it's very nice to read.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 04:33:41 AM »
Anything Churchill.

"I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this government: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." --Speech made to House of Commons on May 13, 1940, three days after becoming Prime Minister. Churchill first used it earlier in the day when he spoke to his Cabinet which represented all parties

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" Speech about Dunkirk given in House of Commons June 4, 1940.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

http://www.winstonchurchill.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=389
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
Best quote so far
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 06:24:34 AM »
From the mayor of Hiroshima.

"What the hell was that?"
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"