Author Topic: rocket trucks  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
rocket trucks
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 05:25:03 PM »
I laughed at the first drawing, I was amused by the second. But the rest were just repetitive. Maybe if you make fun of all of his posts except for the reasonable ones he will get the hint on what to wish for:p

(I don't think the rocket truck would be used though, easier to use a panzer)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
rocket trucks
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 07:22:57 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
Maybe if you make fun of all of his posts except for the reasonable ones he will get the hint on what to wish for:p

i replied to all his requests, just to punt his 25 or so threads to the top of the forum so they were all in a row just for a laugh.  that is why my original message (and to all his other threads) dont really make too much sense - was posting for the sake of posting.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Evosnipe

• Zinc Member
rocket trucks
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
teh point is to look beyond the puns and grasp the message within

NURBLE WOOFERS, man that was  GOOD LAFF

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
rocket trucks
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2005, 10:20:01 AM »
Thats would be great to have!  I cant imagine it would be tuff to make, its just a pt boat on land with a different skin.

~AoM~

Offline Evosnipe

• Zinc Member
rocket trucks
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2005, 07:43:01 PM »
ye but the rockets dont go vry far wit pt boats

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
rocket trucks
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 04:38:41 AM »
They will go far, but the further you go, the worse your aim :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
rocket trucks
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2005, 11:53:46 AM »
The problem with rocket trucks, and the very reason we will never see them, is this:

They are large area saturation weapons. They are beyond visual range weapons. They are not precise. Hell I doubt you could even land them on a city from 5 miles away, in AH.

So little Timmy takes out his rocket truck (pays extra perks for the trailer, too!) and goes a'-driving.. he drives... and drives.. and drives.. he takes a nap, takes a leak, goes out to eat, comes back finds he's still only half way to his target spot... so he drives and drives.. and finally arrives at a spot that will get him in range of an enemy field's city. So he "sets up" -- which is refreshingly breif after the long trip there, and gets ready... and.. and... FIRE!!! WHOOOOOSH.... um.. wtf? That's it? Big whoop. Screw this game I'm going to play WW2OL!!!!

Poor little Timmy doesn't like the way that gameplay goes. If you can't see it, and if you can't get a direct aim on something, chances are we won't get it in AH. AH is not about saturation bombing from rocket trucks beyond visual range. That's also why we'll never get the V1 or V2 buzz bombs. It's not what AH is about. If you want an individual victory (be it against buildings or other players) you have to find them, target them, kill them, all while going into harm's way. Frankly, rocket trucks won't bring the returns required (direct feedback), and the costs are far too high for much use out of the thing. Hell a tiger in an enemy city is better than a rocket truck. At least you can see things in the tiger, and you're pretty well protected.