Author Topic: The Unspoken CT Etiquette  (Read 393 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
The Unspoken CT Etiquette
« on: September 16, 2005, 04:38:53 PM »
Some of the unspoken and respectful CT etiquette/rules are:[list=a]
  • Avoid attacking enemy aircraft until they are airborne and wheels up.
  • No abusive behavior or being disrespectful to other pilots on channel 200.
  • Please, salute anyone you shoot down / destroy out of respect.
  • Do not interfere in a two-plane dogfight until either the friendly is downed, another opponent shows up, or if the friendly requests assistance.
  • [/list=a]After reading some of the frustrating stories from other members, thought we should put some of our etiquette in writing.  Remember, you don't have to follow them,  but they do improve the atmosphere we all enjoy in the CT.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: The Unspoken CT Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 05:06:55 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
Some of the unspoken and respectful CT etiquette/rules are:[list=a]
  • Avoid attacking enemy aircraft until they are airborne and wheels up.
  • No abusive behavior or being disrespectful to other pilots on channel 200.
  • Please, salute anyone you shoot down / destroy out of respect.
  • Do not interfere in a two-plane dogfight until either the friendly is downed, another opponent shows up, or if the friendly requests assistance.
  • [/list=a]After reading some of the frustrating stories from other members, thought we should put some of our etiquette in writing.  Remember, you don't have to follow them,  but they do improve the atmosphere we all enjoy in the CT. [/B]

WOOO IM L33T oh wait #2 I have trouble with :D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 07:47:03 PM »
Well it's no wonder since there is no #2. Mabe you were refering to B?;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 04:35:38 PM »
The suggestion that all fights should end with a is nauseating at best. Save the ’s for extraordinary flying.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 04:56:08 PM »
True Kong, but what if the person is a newbie or a medicore player? Imagine the impact of a simple to that person?  What a way to build the pride in the CT.

Either case, it's up you.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 04:58:16 PM »
KONG :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 05:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by storch
last night near midnight elements of the elitist blue knights squadron started to appear one by one on the player roster in the arena.

for a while it was one player who was impressing the opposition with his remarkable skill and all were commenting on how well he played.

later other members arrived and in typical blue velvet fashion played excellently.

as all this was occurring one member of that illustrious body was attempting to engage me on the open channel.  sadly he is not as capable as I am there but it was fun.

once there were three frilly blue knights on they commenced to crowd and nail all players as they were upping from the runway at A42.  many of the other players on our side were suggesting that we be allowed to up.  at no time while I was on did this occur.

inspite of all this some of us did manage to up and engage the swarming blue festooned mob.  on more than one occassion I got good hits on the clown ringleader who was never far from his two subserviant minions.

I had fun.  I learned some things.  I wish I had recorded the event then perhaps I could have had someone walk me through posting these films.

I have asked the members of the blue velvet mafia to please post these films.  I believe they will be reticent to do so.

I believe it will place them in a disfavorable light if they did.

this is the second time that I recall running into these players.  the other time was in the MA several months back. TK, N7 and I were all in G6s heading to relieve a capped base.  on the way there we ran into 4 reds mobbing 1 green. in short order I shot down morpheus, stang and got a piece of leviathn. TK and N7 got one each plus pieces of the other two.

Post the film blue velvets, post the film.  :D

Hmmm
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.