Author Topic: iEN lays of 33 of 56 people?  (Read 407 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
iEN lays of 33 of 56 people?
« on: December 18, 2000, 10:07:00 AM »
What does this mean for the future of Warbirds in general?
 http://agw.dogfighter.com/agw//Forum3/HTML/016983.html

This can't be good news for WBIII...

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »
That depends.

Its my understanding that Warbirds was one of the few money generating games for the company.

...of course.. they don't have any programmers working on WB 2 anymore.. just money rolling in.

I do, however, believe they would still be banking on WBIII to carry them for a few more years.  Seems to be silly to make serious cutbacks there.  I haven't heard that they have been THAT silly yet.

AKDejaVu

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
Throw another monkey wrench into the gears:
Unlimited play at $24.95

For some ughknown reason, the vast majority of WBs fanatics were willing to pay premium money for 2.76 and now they are paying 1/4 that amount.

Seems to me iEN didnt have to do that and now that they need capitol more than ever they have essentially cut off their own head.

If I were iEN I would have that damned WBIII on the express track for release this afternoon and forget about flat fee, charge $2 an hour.  Te customer base is willing and able.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2000, 02:46:00 PM »
 iEN stock is at an all time low of 19cents per share right now. Thats a 40% loss in real market value in one day.

Not good. Not good at all.

-Westy

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2000, 10:19:00 AM »
Forget WB, what about the 33 people who got laid off right before Christmas?  That's even colder than when they laid-off Lance when his wife was pregnant with twins.

I wonder how the players who're doing art for WBIII will react when their (respectable) efforts to help get WBIII into production (since iEN obviously can't do it themselves) results in the layoffs of iEN's art personnel.

I've been taking a bath on my iEN stock for so long even my bones are wrinkled, but does it have to be a Cold bath as well?

-Sudz

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2000, 05:13:00 PM »
I don't like IEN.

Good post Sudz.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead