Author Topic: 2.05 =(  (Read 604 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
2.05 =(
« on: September 11, 2005, 07:44:52 PM »
I know everyone loves 2.05 but HTC really butchered it for me...Yeah I get 50 FPS, but whenever I make an system input I get a freeze for around 2-3 seconds...How can I trouble shoot this?  Anyone else having these freezing problems?  thanks....

cav
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline wigglepog

• Zinc Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »
Me too.  Seems worse when a lot of others are in the area.  I'm getting better framerates reported than before, but didn't have all these micro-freezes.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 11:25:18 PM »
Yeah...I did a spyware clean up and things have gotten slightly better....Frame are still in the 50's, but I still micro freeze constantly when im in the area of any# of people...as well when I hit "T" or F12 to communicate.....And Jabo ground attack...well thats just out of the question
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 11:41:53 PM »
i was having great frame rates most of today.  but, later on in the evening when more people were logged in, i started seeing the slide show effect again.  

overall, the patch still seems like a huge step forward for AH.  

good luck with your systems, guys.  i'm sure HTC will help you get something straightened out.
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
2.05 =(
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 11:49:22 PM »
When you start up AH and the initial clipboard appears, click on Video.  Then make sure that the pre-load skins/textures is selected.  This should stop those micro-freezes since the system won't need to load the skins and textures because they've been preloaded already.

If you're still experiencing the micro-freezes afterwards, delete the files in your AH cache folder and restart AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 12:02:52 AM »
TExtures are already preloaded...I think I will disable other players skins though...Im also in the process of a virus scan... 2 infected files around...could that be a problem
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 12:53:15 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
When you start up AH and the initial clipboard appears, click on Video.  Then make sure that the pre-load skins/textures is selected.  This should stop those micro-freezes since the system won't need to load the skins and textures because they've been preloaded already.

If you're still experiencing the micro-freezes afterwards, delete the files in your AH cache folder and restart AH.

ack-ack

Done did all that already with no change.

Havent tried deleting the contents of Cahe folder though. Will give that a try tomorrow night
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 01:27:54 AM »
Also experiencing serious issues since 2.051. Sys mem  is maxing out, even with reduced textures and proper preloading. I fear something is up. thread in the tech support forum under "ram usage".
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 01:49:56 AM »
Check your sound acceleration tab in directx controls. It should not be set to 'max'.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 02:37:43 AM »
Was just about to say that too.

Start Menu/RUN

type in "dxdiag"

Go to sound panel and turn down hardware acceleration. Do not turn it down all the way (that will give you crappy sound).
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Smiggyy

• Copper Member
Screen freezes
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 03:22:56 AM »
During Optest4 testing i suffered the occasional screen freeze of about 30 secs. This usually wound up with me ded! Spoke to Skuzzy and he advised me to roll back my GFX driver to ver. 61.77. Have Nvidia GeForce Ti200.

Since the new version patch was released all was well until last night.

Had been online for about 2 hours solid. Upped Lala's gv's etc. then when I upped a Hurri 2c the screen froze about 2 mins into flight, when unlocked had crashed.

System is spyware, virus free. Running only 18 processes during gameplay.

Will check the sound settings as described above, also the cache and preload settings. Anyne else had similar happenings?

Smiggs

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 03:48:19 AM »
I've noticed a microfreeze when pressing the vox transmit button that didn't use to be there. Other than that the new version seems to work fine.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
2.05 =(
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 09:45:49 AM »
I get a 3-5 second freeze when I turn on the film recorder for the first time each session. Any time after that it doesn;t happen. This thread might be better off posted in the tech support section though.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
2.05 =(
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Also experiencing serious issues since 2.051. Sys mem  is maxing out, even with reduced textures and proper preloading. I fear something is up. thread in the tech support forum under "ram usage".

Sounds like to me there is a program in the background is causing a memory leak (sucking up the memory)  before u go into the game do a cntl-alt-del and have the task manger running.  Then go into game for awhile.  Then get back out of game and see where the memory is getting used at, even possible your processor time to.  1 other thing to make sure of is your swap file (virtual memory) is configured properly that U don't have it to small.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
2.05 =(
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 09:11:18 PM »
still only getting 140fps and no micro freeeeezies.

notice the 30mm seem to fold up buffs rather nice or was just a lucky shot, only took like 5 hits in the fuselage last b24 and it fell into 29 diff pieces.