Author Topic: If InMotion gets telemetry, why can't we?  (Read 898 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
If InMotion gets telemetry, why can't we?
« on: September 16, 2005, 10:52:14 AM »

Aces High 2: In our opinion, this is the best online WWII dogfighting game! With the cooperation of HiTech Creations, we are able to extract all the telemetry data necessary from the game for some incredible motion simulation!

I don't have $13,000 laying around to buy one of their's... but I do have the blueprints to build a system almost as good for under $1,000. A shared memory file would be nice.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 06:33:25 PM »
Is that one of them things that would make your chair move in proportion with your aircraft?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:55:57 PM »
Like I need any more help spilling my drinks while playing. No thank you.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 10:24:20 PM »
Screw the game uses for that, I wonder if it can fit two people on it.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: If InMotion gets telemetry, why can't we?
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 10:55:09 AM »
Originally posted by indy007

I don't have $13,000 laying around to buy one of their's... but I do have the blueprints to build a system almost as good for under $1,000. A shared memory file would be nice.

If these were PDF I'd love to see them, I'm working on opening a cyber game/cafe 1 block from the new High School... and 1/2 block from my doorstep.

We will have an AH station, but a killer make you sick seat would be... duh, cool.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 10:58:49 AM »
oooh. Okay, I have this guy's blueprints already, but he's got a new commercial version coming out now in conjunction with XenGenn Manufacturing.

These are estimated to be from $1000 - $5000 depending on what options you want. Not that bad considering it'd cost $1k just to build their original (and not nearly as neat looking) model.

I just hope it can fit the stuff for a F-16 MLU pit without throwing off the balance too badly.