Author Topic: Odd Gerber recipe request.  (Read 133 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Odd Gerber recipe request.
« on: September 15, 2005, 01:58:24 AM »
OK so I was at Safeway the other day, and I remember during college I had a thing for Gerber baby food - particularly the Plums and Apples. But it’s not sold anymore where I am, but for some reason I’ve found this stuff to be more addictive then crack.

So I was walking down the isle the other day, and I saw a 2 pack of Peaches, on the 2nd Foods section. So what the hell, I pick it up. Sure enough, its good **** - problem is with most foods like these they cost about as much as drugs.

Now I got a couple friends with kids and with $$ tight for many of them I figured it might be good to at least know how to make this stuff from home.

So the ingredients are for this 1 - Peaches, Grape Juice Concentrate and Vitamin C. The question though, is what ratio of Peaches to Juice should be used, ecetra. The stuff flows out kinda liquidly without much in the way of solids.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 02:00:02 AM »
Just put a ton of sugar in it... that's the key to most baby food.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 10:46:46 AM »
I'd puree the peaches in a food processor or blender, and then slowly add grape juice until it seems like the right consistency.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 11:02:50 AM »
I thought it was bad for adults to eat baby food, or maybe it was eating babies for food...not sure.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'