Author Topic: WW2ol...I couldnt wait any longer....  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
WW2ol...I couldnt wait any longer....
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
Hehe SW you see only what you want to see   ;)

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
"...Hehe SW you see only what you want to see...".

Conversely, you don't see what you don't want to see.

I'm trying out WWIIOnline myself and it shows great potential, but it's graphics are abysmal in this day and age.  Your screenshot is quite accurate, it shows how grainy it actually is.  WWIIOnline has other things going for it, but if you're trying to sell people on the game, posting screenshots is not the way to go.

bowser

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2001, 10:41:00 AM »
What am I supposed to be looking for? The graphics look almost on par with EAW. I see two Stukas looping, with what appears to be a single bomb inbetween the landing gear.

I see very low FPS with those poor graphics.

What am I supposed to see?
-SW
--------------------
Hey Guy, I'm masterin' my joystick!  
Contact me here: weissdr1@yahoo.com

Offline MrRiplEy

• Copper Member
      • http://altavista.net
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
There is a funny paradox within the release of WW2OL..

It came out 1 year too early, yet 2 years too late. Go figure.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
Cheerleaders here, cheerleaders there, bloody cheerleaders everywhere.  :)

I'll just say this.

Some of the players that used to absolutely HAMMER HTC unceasingly for minor "bugs", technical problems or percieved problems in the FM in AH now come back here to convince everyone that another game is the "greatest thing since sliced bread".

Yet when I check public and other less public forums for another game I don't see those same people complaining about problems that are FAR GREATER, more numerous and much more glaring than anything HTC ever provided for public use...even in the EARLIEST stages of the _really_ free AH beta.

Seems a bit inconsistent to me. But entertaining to see the roles reversed.

Rah-Rah-RAH! anyone?

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2001, 01:16:00 PM »
There's more in those pics... I meant:
-Two AH players in -39 planes.
-Two Stukas supporting infantry and panzers.
-Stuka pilot yelling "Spit!" (Not 109 or Nik  ;))

And this rolls 24/7  :)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
Agreed Toad.  :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2001, 02:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Staga:
There's more in those pics... I meant:
-Two AH players in -39 planes.
-Two Stukas supporting infantry and panzers.
-Stuka pilot yelling "Spit!" (Not 109 or Nik   ;))

And this rolls 24/7   :)

And if it was my friend flying the Spit, you'd be saying "hey, where'd the Spit go???"  After the 112 patch came out, he can't play more than 5-10 minutes before it freezes on him.  He was gunning for my tank and got disconnected, and it flipped my tank!  either that or I hit a pebble on the road...   :rolleyes:

SW sees only what he wants to see...  You don't see what you don't want to see...  I don't see what I WANT to see!!!  (read in: some consistent performance from the game, for them to put in the rank and supply structures which might actually get the game outta quake mode, for the CPs to work like they're supposed to so both sides don't take over a base deep in enemy territory by skirting past everyone then start launching attacks from two directions, for them to integrate the worlds into one world like they claimed to be able to do so the war might actually expand outside the little itty bitty area we have now, for all those airbases in England to work so we can launch long range bomber strikes, etc etc etc)  The game is fun at times, but that's about it.  They better keep letting us play online for free (after the $40 initial fee of course) until they get most of the problems worked out.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.