Author Topic: A medium level Spitfire training video.  (Read 730 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
A medium level Spitfire training video.
« on: September 28, 2005, 01:25:07 AM »
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/spit4kill.ahf

might be worth a look if you ant to up your spit game.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 03:08:20 AM »
good film ... the begining of your fight was alittle shaky though . (climbin that rope) almost got ya wacked right then.. (notice the stall ) Now if it was a non wep stall and you used the wep to recover that fast then +1 for that .
after that you really smoothed out and played to the spits strenths .. Nice run
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 07:09:56 AM »
thanks rosco.  Its not a film of the best spit flying i ever did, and no where near the best of the best.

just a simple fight where one con came after another, and mostly had bad aim :)

its good learning for not just flat turning out of the way of BnZer. i think some good examples of simple reversals and evasive possitioning.

I like to fight on the defence, and my style is offencive defence......if thats plausable.

might look like they just keep missing me but each turn and evasive are planned to make the shot as hard as possible.

the first reversal on the 109 i should have got, but shakey aim, i blame my stick!! :D

overall its what the title says, a medium level spit video.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 02:20:39 PM »
Who needs Spit training?  I thought people were born with Spit driving skills.  :p

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 08:02:34 PM »
there goes any chance of anyone using this to improove thier game :D

ok let the flame commence, i answer 'no comment' to everything.

speak to my solicitor for further correspondance.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 08:09:24 PM »
U r TeH suk!!!
:noid :noid :noid
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 09:51:16 AM »
my problem is remembering to film ... i get into some totally insane furballs ... then survive .... to find out later i forgot to film..

(I have been getting losta "RooJug" footage though :)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 10:04:33 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
[

(I have been getting losta "RooJug" footage though :) [/B]

stop filming Mrs. Roo. :D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 12:05:57 PM »
Good film Bat thank you for posting it.

Things I noticed..... I felt you could have held your fire a couple times when the range was d600 or so.  Just my opinion but I feel that is just to far out of the spits effective killing range.

I would like to see a few more dead 6 looks for improved SA.  I suffer from this myself so I noticed it right away.

I thought the kill on the g10 was the best of the bunch.  I really liked the snapshot.

I didnt feel that the rope climb was that big a risk.  You had decent speed and almost got the kill from it.

Dave

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 12:46:33 AM »
thanks for watching nomak, a good honest review.

i have found that a short burst on target from anywhere up to 800 yrds can do damage, or certainly help to wrap up a fight, although i dont like running out of ammo so maybe i should hold fire as you say. my six checks were indeed lax, did i mention anything about luck? i should have.

Indeed, i have climbed the rope and kill shot P38s (hehe akak) from 1.1k with hispanios set to 400 yrds so i dont rule it out as not possible.

the rope was just my initial shakey aim, but i thought a training video for most people needs to show both combat flying and good gunnery, yet show how easy it is to miss and how easy it is for people to sneak up on you.

this fight would have been very different if it was against 3 or 4 co-ordinated veterans.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 01:02:11 AM »
600-800yds the 303's are great for getting there attention .. save the cannon for the under 400 range...

Im just as guilty of rope climbing too ...

I've found the less rope climbing I do the better my odds are.:noid
Roscoroo ,

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 11:58:33 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
600-800yds the 303's are great for getting there attention .. save the cannon for the under 400 range...

Thats just it though, i don't believe those limits aply, if you can spray infantry from a mounted 50cal MG at distances of 800-1000 yrds on the ground, then it is more than possible with 8 guns on a P-47 to do grievous damage to a target 1k away depending on a few circumstnaces.

for instance, if you climb the rope and at stall point release a hail of 20mm from hispanios at the cockpit of another aircraft, you have a very large chance of killing the pilot of damaging the plane. A large factor here is that both planes are almost motionless, it is very simple to land a 2-3 second burst without any G effects but aside natural pull of the {Aceshigh} earth.

If you are diving striaght down on a target you have even more range and long distance power to damage.

If a target is ahead and flying the same direction as you it is possible to damage them (in my experience) up to about 600 yrds, but not likely to kill. this also depends on speed and direction of flight.

i don't know, from this video it wouldnt argue my case at all, but with conviction long range gunney is not impossible nor should one not attempt to better one's self at it.

i have memories of some awesome snapshots and deflections from over the years.  closing shots where you fire at 1k until 800 yrds then watch them fly right trough a hail of lead at 600yrds before they even know you're a danger.

if we remove doubts from our minds we achieve things we cant understand.

Offline sniper68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 03:06:43 AM »
damn batfink we need to send u back to the AH training school :)  nice film bud good to see you again by the way

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 09:24:15 AM »
heya sniper man, good to see you about aswell. we need to DA again so you can pwn me back up to par.