Author Topic: Brown hearings before the House  (Read 219 times)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Brown hearings before the House
« on: September 28, 2005, 08:07:27 AM »
Anyone catch the Brown hearings yesterday on C-SPAN?

I am no Brown supporter, but the majority of the House members that spoke during the hearing came off as idiots.

It really seems to me that even Congressmen have no idea what FEMA does and does not do.

I look forward to the LA Governors hearing before Congress today.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 10:02:25 AM »
I don't think Brown is particularly bright calling a whole state "dysfunctional" when two other states were left with no aid also. That aside, I think we are setting up a dangerous situation by not clearly stating what individuals should do to preserve their life in emergencies, and defining realistic expectations about the quality of life in the day after a disaster such as Katrina.
I get this picture of people flopping around like jellyfish waiting for the government to scoop them up.

The government should help if possible, but most of the responsibility should fall on the individual. Bring some of the people from the Dome and the Convention center and find out what they did in the days before and after Katrina.

There were dumb decisions made at all level of government, but overwhelmingly, the dumb decisions were made by the individuals that stayed behind. How can the government protect someone who hasn't the common sense to fill a few water bottles or a bathtub before a major hurricane? How do you educate someone griping about not having a hot meal right after a major disaster? I think there is time in those hearings to tell the people that stayed behind, what *they* did wrong.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:26:52 AM »
Brown committed perjury atleast once in his testimony, that should set him up for some sort of medal from GWB.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 10:30:39 AM »
What's funny is he did blame some of the problem on media sensationalism.  WICH IS TRUE....to a point.  The media is like: "us....sensationalize....no way....it was FEMA"

He did rather poorly in defending himself but all this attention on him isn't entirly deserved.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:31:24 AM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
Brown committed perjury atleast once in his testimony, that should set him up for some sort of medal from GWB.

Lying under oath isn't a crime.......good ole billy proved that one.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 10:52:38 AM »
Brown committed perjury atleast once in his testimony...

When?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 11:04:22 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Lying under oath isn't a crime.......good ole billy proved that one.
Actually it was good ole Ronnie that started that trend. His testemony was about smuggling arms and drugs into foreign countries, Bill's was about a getting some strange.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 11:23:20 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
Actually it was good ole Ronnie that started that trend. His testemony was about smuggling arms and drugs into foreign countries, Bill's was about a getting some strange.

didn't he also start the trend of giving known terrorists wmd?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 11:28:30 AM »

Judging by the reply, and your signature, all I can say is...welcome back Westy!