Author Topic: New film  (Read 604 times)

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
New film
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:49:10 PM »
I jumped in the MA after work tonight for a quick run and ended up in a dang fun fight.

Enjoy....

X
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 06:36:10 PM by Nomak »

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
New film
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 09:23:34 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
this would be a good film for alot of the newer players to see what their easily correctable mistakes look like from the opposing end..

Couldnt agree more.  thx for watching TeeDub ;)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
New film
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 03:43:39 AM »
very good film!

the first fight with the hurricane was my favorite, or the sweet 400 yrds shot on the pony near the start. or even the rolling 'ping' on the la5, blind under your nose.

the hurricane wa my squaddie :)

fighting a hurricane in a spit5 is not impossible, as demonstrated here to perfect effect.

great flying.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
New film
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:46:57 AM »
Very sweet film Nomak...thanks for posting it. I learned a lot from that. Your SA and gunnery skills are incredible.

DmdMax

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
New film
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 09:11:55 AM »
Nicely Done!

I love the anti vulch! If we could all be so disciplined as to climb out just a bit as you do several times. The world would be a better place!:D

I am amazed how many of these guys went straight to the vulch instead of starting at the top and working down.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
New film
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 08:37:59 PM »
Thanks for the film!

Question: I notice that several times when pulling G's to get inside an opponent, you do a realtively flat turn to stay with them rather than add in a vertical hi yoyo component to retain some E while getting a tighter turn.

I see this makes the under the nose MUCH easier to line up, but it seems dangerous -- especially against a theoretically better turner like the Hurri.

Any comments on the relative advantages of the flat turn vs yoyo?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
New film
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 08:43:13 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Thanks for the film!

Question: I notice that several times when pulling G's to get inside an opponent, you do a realtively flat turn to stay with them rather than add in a vertical hi yoyo component to retain some E while getting a tighter turn.

I see this makes the under the nose MUCH easier to line up, but it seems dangerous -- especially against a theoretically better turner like the Hurri.

Any comments on the relative advantages of the flat turn vs yoyo?

There is a time and a place for both the flat turn and the yoyo.  In the MA though I am usually trying to kill as quickly as possible and not worrying about much else.  Once I get an opportunity to saddle up on someone I am not thinking "Flat turn or yoyo"  I am thinking "Kill then check six"

Dave