Author Topic: A way to control plane-type abuse in MA  (Read 1018 times)

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
A way to control plane-type abuse in MA
« on: September 01, 2005, 06:54:07 AM »
Also a complement to current perk system.

Planes are divided in two categories depending on their ENY. So, planes with ENY greater than a preset limit are not subject to this kind of control.

The limit may be as simple as (MAX current ENY - MIN CURRENT ENY) / 2 + MIN CURRENT ENY.

If you are flying a plane with ENY below the limit and get shotdown, this plane is marked as unavailable for you until you land a kill flying a plane with ENY above the limit.

As an example, you are shotdown flying La7, La7 is marked as unavailable for you. Now you take off with D9 and get shotdown also, D9 is marked as unavailable for you. You try with P51, and get shotdown too. Now P51, D9 and La7 are unavailable for you, so you get a C205 (above ENY limit) and land one or more kills, making La7, D9 and P51 available for you again.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 08:10:01 AM »
Can you imagine the whines now?

The reason these people fly those planes is because they can't get a kill any other way.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 10:08:51 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
The reason these people fly those planes is because they can't get a kill any other way.

I would say most have not even tried it. Landing a single kill in a not so uber plane is fairly easy even for a beginner.

MA would be more diversified most of the time and lots of players would start enjoyning the arsenal they have in the hangar.

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 12:56:25 PM »
This is true, i def agree....

Also maybe adding Spitfire Factories, BF, FW Factories etc that if you bomb them production of the plane stops for a "set" period of time....like in Air Warrior

Offline syncrII

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 03:56:50 AM »
Originally posted by DVDA

Also maybe adding Spitfire Factories, BF, FW Factories etc that if you bomb them production of the plane stops for a "set" period of time....like in Air Warrior

moin

that would be nice if we have plan factorys wich have an evect on plan aviability. hope we gat something like this some day.
cu chris3

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 01:52:12 PM »
So if a newbie wants to fly a p51, gets vulched off the runway he may not up another one, no matter where?

The good pilots have no problem with that... and the bad pilots get the stick?

Sorry but i think the only way to give more variety is to account for flying low eny planes rank wise. So when you fly a low eny plane and deliver kills that should bring you up in rank.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 04:28:25 PM »
How would one go about abusing a plane type ?

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 08:56:43 PM »
Originally posted by DVDA

Best idea EVAR!  Would even bring some "realism" to the plate for those buff guys that have nothing to do.  Factories were a pretty fat target for bomber groups in WWII, and if they were bombed... that country lost X amount of planes and X% of thier ability to build them.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »
I would say most have not even tried it. Landing a single kill in a not so uber plane is fairly easy even for a beginner.

Actually, it's pretty hard, even for veterans. That is - if they don't follow around the horde.

All those vets and experts bragging about how they use mid-war planes? Well, in truth, you gotta see WHERE and WHAT SITUATION they fly, rather than WHAT they fly.

The only guy I've really seen with my own two eyes, who flies mid-war planes and still manages to survive wherever and whenever, is Leviathan alone. All the rest is gangbangers, cherry pickers, friend-baiters.

Maybe limiting a planetype, or takeoff times might not be an answer.

How about if there was a way to split people up so they cannot form arbitrary hordes?

If you look at the MA, a good-sized furball never lasts long. The side which takes the upperhand increases in numbers, and the side which takes heavy losses just abandons the field/sector and goes away someplace else. As a result, the side which one a few waves of A2A fights becomes a horde there, and the side which lost a few waves goes someplace else and forms their own horde.

Two gigantic hordes, and yet they don't fight each other - they fight buildings and pathetic number of hopeless defenders.

IMO, resolving the horde is probably much better way to bring back the MA fun, rather than limiting a planetype or takeoff time.

Offline slimpikn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 11:20:30 PM »
I like the idea, except maybe make the plane unavailable from the same base? It would be hell on the host though keeping track of who could fly what.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 01:07:31 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
The only guy I've really seen with my own two eyes, who flies mid-war planes and still manages to survive wherever and whenever, is Leviathan alone. All the rest is gangbangers, cherry pickers, friend-baiters.

Granted, Lev is good, but to say anyone who claims to fly early or midwar planes does so either timidly, or in advantageous situations is pure and utter Bull ****.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 03:02:29 AM »
This almost exclusively P38G driver, has never met a furball he didn't like.

Granted I generally die in em, but timid?  Never.  

Since no one's really dying, why be timid :)

That implies some sort of concern with K/D or rank, which is also silly in my opinion.

But to each his own.

What you'll never find me in, is an LA7, 190D9, Spit XIV, Me262, Tempest, TA152 etc etc.

Lev's a vulching, gang-banging, cherry picking, kill stealing ....insert your description here...pilot anyway. :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
      • http://www.linuxjet.com
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 12:38:53 PM »
Originally posted by syncrII
moin

that would be nice if we have plan factorys wich have an evect on plan aviability. hope we gat something like this some day.
cu chris3

I might enjoy this  - but that would give bombers an acual use in the game.  
And could you imagine the complaining...  "Damn bomber Geeks are ruining the vulch again." And thats only from there own team.  

Remember - if it effects the furball in a bad way - it is wrong.  Who cares about the base takers and stategists.

Offline nn76240

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 01:35:38 PM »
I think this might work. If we could get the bases set up to were there were a few in a sector. That way you can only take off from air strips in your sector. And the only way you can move to another sector is to go thereis joining a diffrent sector.Sort of like joining a diffrent country. this way we doent have people going all over the place all the time. The other way you could go there is by flying there. maby this would help limit the amount of people in a horde. This is just an idea.