Author Topic: Computer Freeze while Flying  (Read 370 times)

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Computer Freeze while Flying
« on: September 08, 2005, 11:30:18 PM »
This has never happened to me before; but everytime I got into a plane tonight, within a minute of take-off my computer would freeze up and I had to do a hard reboot (Ctrl+Alt+Delete did nothing, couldn't switch out of the window or anything). First time I had background programs running, so I kept them closed when I went in the second time. Second time, I stayed up about 15 seconds longer before everything froze up. Rebooted, tried again and before the plane even got off the runway I froze.

I've -never- had this problem on Aces before this update. I'm running a Radeon 9200 Video Card, too.

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 12:14:05 AM »
I have the same video card. When flying the vid becomes very choppy is the best word I can describe it. Lag goes through the roof but the FPS does not change much.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 01:14:34 AM »
The patch update helped some. It took about a half hour before I froze, and after restarting I was able to stay in GVs until I decided to leave.

Machhi thinks that -maybe- there's a problem with my computer overheating, and so we're going to investigate that over the next few days and see if that's the problem.

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 03:51:26 AM »
Already did some checking. It is actually due in part to our drivers. You can not fully update the ATI 9200 without getting black dots o your radar they you can tell if they are enemy of friendly. But I know overheating is the not the cause of mine.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 09:41:15 AM »
Huh.... Weird.

Thanks, Warchief!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 08:08:39 PM »
no, its a new bug that used to happen with earlier 2.x builds but totally disappeared in 2.04x  Now its back with a vengeance!

stutters and freezes horribly... before anyone jumps in and says it is my system, here are my specs:

My system smokes on every other game!

athlon64 3700+ socket 939
2 GB DDR 3200 Dual channel
256 MB Geforce 6800 Ultra
on a 74GB SATA 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptor HDD

For Internet connectivity I am with Comcast on an 8 megabit down/ 1 megabit up plan!!!

I cleared my AH cache and skins, changed from 1024 to 512 textures, even deleted my WINDOWS pagefile.

I even went as far as wiping out my HD and reinstalling windows xp SP2 and AH 2.05.1 from scratch! No way in hell it is my system!

I will say ONE positive thing about this build, my frame rates are astronomical, even down low in the thickest furball (as they should be with this system)

I am running 1280 x 1024 res full eye candy.  My DX diag turned out great and I am getting around 90,000 sometimes more on aquamark

The stutters caused me to lose a 262 (doesnt everyone say that???) but in this case it was true... long stutter, i come back no wings! shirtly thereafter, doom, in his own 262  also collided with me but continued flying!

Need more info, just ask
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 04:49:16 AM »
i KEEP getting this too. mine doesnt stuter tho, it just freezes with no input to pc, with screeching coming from the speakers. ive run tons of spyware checks, full system virus scans, nothing.

i too have an awesome pc

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 05:15:18 PM »
if you have a Geforce card, roll back your drivers to ver 61.77  it has totally stopped mine so far
Vote R.E. Lee '24