Author Topic: Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@  (Read 286 times)

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« on: October 01, 2005, 06:31:14 PM »
yea go bama!@!!

poor tyrone prothro :cry :cry :confused: :huh :cry :( :( :huh :cry

his leg was just flopping there like a..just ouch

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 06:33:28 PM »
you sense no make!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 06:38:23 PM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 06:45:23 PM »
bama gave leak and the gators a beating

the tide showed up to play
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 09:09:34 PM »
I'm a gators fan, but I cared little about that loss when I saw that guy break his ankle..

I have a feeling the brace played a part in it..

:confused:

I saw it happen, I thought I saw it at an odd angle, and went uhoh, then he held it, and how loose it looked I thought, ouuuch, then I saw what happend and, I think I woulda passed out had I felt the pain and saw it happen..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 09:13:20 PM »
yea i dont think he is gonna make it back for this season. he totally snapped it in two. I didn't see it in the game but saw it in highlights later. some highlight :eek:

he probably didn't feel much pain, i wouldn't know but it couldn't have been a good feeling holding your leg and seeing the bottem part of it limp like that :cry

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 08:30:11 AM »
That was an impressive whoopin' of the behind. Hblair must be pretty happy.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 10:32:31 AM »
Yea, that was a bad break.  I'd have to say his career is prolly over.  

Other than that it was a helluva game.. I bet a lot of people who were all over Leak's balls have prolly hopped off them.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 11:32:11 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Yea, that was a bad break.  I'd have to say his career is prolly over.  

Just like Willis McGahee.  Oh wait, nevermind.

Seriously though, career ending injuries are not the same as they used to be.  Look at McGahee.  His knee was messed up pretty bad against OSU in the Fiesta Bowl.  Now he is playing and doing fairly well for the Bills.

This guy will probably be fixed up, some pins in his leg, go through some extensive rehab, get a medical redshirt, and play for at least another year.

Then again, maybe he won't.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 02:17:56 AM »
Roll Tide baby!

We went down friday evening. A friend of mine had his travel trailer set up for four of us. We got to tuscaloosa about 8pm. Went to wings sports grille. Pigged out. Cut up with my buddies til late at night. We had a generator that had to be the loudest known to man. An RV pulled in on the right side of us. They were gator fans. They kinda crowded our area. They were partaking in the alcohlic beverages at a considerable rate and gettin a lil rowdy. That was ok. We fired up our generator and alll other sounds were just background noise lol.

We rolled out of the sack kinda late saturday. About 9am or so. Showered and walked to the quad and hung out near the denny chimes where captains of past alabama teams have their names, handprints, cleat marks in a "walk of fame" type deal. Lots of people were hanging out there. Some florida fans were looking at joe namaths and ken stablers. The quad was hopping with people. More than I remember seeing in the past. The atmosphere was ripe for a great college football game.

We looked for tickets. Premium seats were going for 200 plus. We finally secured some upper level 40 yard line seats for 100 clams per seat. We made our way toward the stadium. Coincidentally, the alabama band was on the way to the stadium. They were having a parade. The drummers were tapping out a beat and every few seconds everyone in the band would say "Roll Tide!" The "crimsonettes" were in the front of the procession marching, swinging their batons high in the air in perfect rythm.  The whole band looked perfect and really added to the excitement.

We got to the stadium and made our way to our seats. I'd never sat in the upper level, but we could actually see everything well.
Weather was beautiful. Slight breeze blowing. The game started. From early on bamas defense looked great.
The licks that were laid down on the field I could hear from my upper level seat.
I've never seen bryant denny stadium so electric. It's like everybody there but me knew there was gonna be a butt whooping. My friend and I were concerned even late into the secaond quarter that the gators might come back. But bamas defense was dominating. The crowd was roaring. The good guys played a great game.

The planets were aligned. And for at least one day the crimson tide looked as strong as ever. It was like old times.

Welcome to the SEC coach meier. Where parity is king and humble pie is served abruptly without a hint of warning.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 04:35:44 AM »
...and Vanderbilt is in first place.

What are you doing 3rd weekend in Oct?
myelo

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 07:44:59 AM »
Vandy won't be in first for long.
4th weekend in october I'll be in  tuscaloosa again. Hopefully a repeat of saturday. :)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 11:31:46 AM »
Loudest rammer jammer I've ever heard.
Coach meier looks perplexed.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Roooooooll Tide!@!!@!@
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 12:20:28 PM »
Looks like Bama's coach needs to educate number 22 on Rule 9-2-1-a-1-a.
myelo