Author Topic: Film....Never give up  (Read 835 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Film....Never give up
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 12:39:33 PM »
He landed on CV. The CV is just showing about 100 yds to the right on the film. (AS he lands you can see another plane taking off the 'phantom CV'.)

CVs generally *do* show on film, just not neccessarily at the same spot they were when making the film. This is probably the same bug/feature that has CVs show in different places on the different front ends (ie players might see CVs in slightly different places at the same time).

And Nomak: the film might not be 'unreal' and 'fantastic' but its very very instructive. Again: TY for sharing.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Film....Never give up
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 12:47:31 PM »
Nomak, you made a few shots and then stopped instantly when the target was hit, but the target was hit while under your nose. Do you raise your head position up a lot, or what?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Film....Never give up
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 12:50:46 PM »
Hehe, he was doing much of the same things to me last night in the da. I could almost see the shots coming in the film.  Nice film Nomak it was informative.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Film....Never give up
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 01:24:46 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Nomak, you made a few shots and then stopped instantly when the target was hit, but the target was hit while under your nose. Do you raise your head position up a lot, or what?

If you get a feel for it, it's not necessary to raise your head up to see shots.  You just "know" when someone's going to be there, and you "know" it's going to hit.  Call it instinct and experience.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Film....Never give up
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 01:35:18 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

Krusty I'm not sure where nomak has his head possistion behind gunsight. But i can tell you where i have mine and it seems to help some. i have the center of the sight just touching the top of the glass. It gives some over the nose sight. Give it a try.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Film....Never give up
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 02:30:51 PM »
I have the normal head position more or less default.

But ive changed the 'forward' view so the head is as far up and to the left (sometimes back as well) as possible. This gives you a good view 'over the nose' for deflection aim as well as CV landings.
21 is only half the truth.