Author Topic: FBI to get veto power over PC software?  (Read 525 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
FBI to get veto power over PC software?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 01:54:53 AM »
In 1991, a group of people exploited known policies in law enforcement, terrorist response and airport security to hijack aircraft and destroy the World Trade Center with them. CHANGES WERE NEEDED! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! GOVERNMENT IS TO BLAME! THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN. Did anyone screeming this actually think there was a way to do it without infringing on personal freedom in the U.S.?

Fast forward to 2005: A hurricane hits New Orleans, a city ill prepared. The state does not order mandatory evacuation. Ultimately, people blame the Federal Government for not stepping on the state's rights and insisting that people do as they say. George Bush announces that won't happen in the future and people cheared.

The great irony is that the idiots who demand these changes are the very ones that point an accusatory finger at government when their demands are met. Either you want the government to take care of you and are willing to give up freedoms as a result, or you stop pointing fingers.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 04:14:02 AM »
In 1991? the time sure does fly in that case..

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 07:21:13 AM »
DOH! When you get old the dates all run together.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 04:53:10 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
In 1991, a group of people exploited known policies in law enforcement, terrorist response and airport security to hijack aircraft and destroy the World Trade Center with them. CHANGES WERE NEEDED! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! GOVERNMENT IS TO BLAME! THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN. Did anyone screeming this actually think there was a way to do it without infringing on personal freedom in the U.S.?

Fast forward to 2005: A hurricane hits New Orleans, a city ill prepared. The state does not order mandatory evacuation. Ultimately, people blame the Federal Government for not stepping on the state's rights and insisting that people do as they say. George Bush announces that won't happen in the future and people cheared.

The great irony is that the idiots who demand these changes are the very ones that point an accusatory finger at government when their demands are met. Either you want the government to take care of you and are willing to give up freedoms as a result, or you stop pointing fingers.

Man....what's wrong with you??? UTOPIA  does exist!!!

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Ok guys, on the 1st post.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 01:45:10 PM »
This has to do with Encryption technology. The Government has had a long standing argument with the developers of encryption technology for many years. The Government says that it must be allowed to regulate it and be able to break any encryption used within the US or by any US citizen or company. It is currently illegal to export certain encryption technology. The developer of PGP is currently (I think it's still on) fighting this in order for him to export his strongest encryption methods to the rest of the world.

Basically the government does not want any encryption technology to exist that they cannot break.

Good or bad? That's up to us to decide.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 03:00:07 PM »
Anything the US govt. does is bad..I think I've said that before...well except for the part where they make sure I get paid..

But really...security is not worth losing our freedoms for. I'd rather have to watch my back everyday than be "secure" but not free....every dau we lose more freedoms..how much more are we gonna take?
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety