Author Topic: iEN delisted  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
iEN delisted
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
Oleg from IL-2 team has announced that they will build a MMP game:

Yes, we have a plan for the title with massive multiplayer, but with small pay per month charge. I can't say a the moment more.

AKSeaWulfe

iEN delisted
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »

Originally posted by Staga:
Oleg from IL-2 team has announced that they will build a MMP game:

Yes, we have a plan for the title with massive multiplayer, but with small pay per month charge. I can't say a the moment more.
[/b]

Yeah.. a MMP game based out of Russia. I'd say atleast 70% of WB or AH consist of American players... simply because it's cheap for us to play online (no charge for phone usage, ie: dialup).

So, what you'll see is basically a form of freehost that you'll have to pay for. I'm willing to bet the only people playing MMP IL2 will be European and Russian, cuz if you're American and tried freehost(I haven't, others have and I know their comments on it) then you do NOT want to pay to play IL2. Imagine the absolute WORST connects to AH, that'll be the norm to play on a Russian server.
-SW

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
Who says servers will be in Russia?
Anyway its too early to think about that game.

btw SW:
One out of ten ppl I know have dial-up; others are using ADSL(like me), cable or ISDN with only a monthly charge.

Some facts from Jan 1999:
Internet accounts:
Finland 107/1000 and U.S 86/1000
Mobile phones  :
Finland 580/1000, can't find U.S numbers?
 http://www.stat.fi/tk/yr/tttietoti.html

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
AKSeaWulfe, if Maddox will install an MMP server on one of major Russian ISPs like Demos - connections to almost everywhere will be exellent. We played WB through a redirector installed there until new iEN team cut us off by iLZ tool.

And they can set up a server anywhere in the world.

BTW, Maddox is experienced in nework gaming, remember there last game - ZAR.

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2001, 04:10:00 PM »
Boroda:

So how would IL-2 MMP deal with all the hackers flying 88mm cannon-armed, 5000 hp, Panzer-armored Yak 3's??

Just curious....

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
Cabby call to Oleg and ask.

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
Staga:

YOU call him.  And while you have him on the phone, ask him how  he feels about "copyrights" and "reverse-engineering".  See if you can get him to post the answer here or in AGW..........

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2001, 09:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by cabby:
Boroda:

So how would IL-2 MMP deal with all the hackers flying 88mm cannon-armed, 5000 hp, Panzer-armored Yak 3's??

Just curious....

Cabby

You were asking Boroda a question which I'm sure only Oleg or his team can answer. Thats why I asked you to ask from Oleg. If you didn't understand it... forget it.

Your post looks like you're accusing Oleg being involved in FreeHost?
Was this how you want us to read that post?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2001, 10:53:00 PM »
 You definately mis-understood Cabby, Staga. The comment and question was directed to Boroda, I beleive.  And for once, I stand next to Cabby in solidarity.

How ironic it would be for a Russian online game producer to have his product hacked and used for free outside Russia's borders.

I'm not wishing that on Maddox/Bluebyte Games mind you. But perhaps you can see the irony that some of us do in that prospect in light of what happened to WB's a little over a year ago.

They may reap what they sowed.

-Westy

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2001, 12:45:00 AM »

Originally posted by Westy:
You definately mis-understood Cabby, Staga. The comment and question was directed to Boroda, I beleive.  And for once, I stand next to Cabby in solidarity.

How ironic it would be for a Russian online game producer to have his product hacked and used for free outside Russia's borders.

I'm not wishing that on Maddox/Bluebyte Games mind you. But perhaps you can see the irony that some of us do in that prospect in light of what happened to WB's a little over a year ago.

They may reap what they sowed.

-Westy

No, Westy, cabby meant that he didn't like Russians.  And with that last statement of your own, you pretty much blew out any objectivity you had about Freehost, and Russians in general.  It's blatant generalizations like this that make me glad I'll have a non-USA centered flight sim to go to.  Just plain tired of Americans dragging this 'Cold War' crap to death.  Get over it, and move on.
ingame: Raz

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2001, 07:44:00 AM »
 Objectivity about Freehost? I never mentioned FH. But since you did. BINGO!  

But you're seriously wacked with your 'cold war' comment  and if you think I'm generalising about anything at all.

I never played WB's online, never had anything to do with FH and I can look at a situation objectively and make a comment. And that's something YOU cannot do.  YOU have the problem. YOU need to get a grip on it.

-Westy

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »

Objectivity about Freehost? I never mentioned FH. But since you did. BINGO!  

But you're seriously wacked with your 'cold war' comment  and if you think I'm generalising about anything at all.

I never played WB's online, never had anything to do with FH and I can look at a situation objectively and make a comment. And that's something YOU cannot do.  YOU have the problem. YOU need to get a grip on it.

-Westy

Okay, I'll go see a psychologist.  But, read my post again.  It was objectivity about Freehost and Russians in general. Big difference.  Now, explain your comment, "They may reap what they sow."  Who are you referring to, and why?

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 04-06-2001).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
It's very simple Leonid.  It appears it is not against the law in Russia to hack software or steal it outright from persons/companies  of foreign nationalities for one's own benefit.

As Russian software programs become more popular this is will happen to them in turn also.

That is what is meant by 'they will reap what they sow'

By not protecting the work, labors and products of others they leave thier own people who are now treading into the very same territoy to be victims of the same abuse with no one to help them.

-Westy

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »

It's very simple Leonid.  It appears it is not against the law in Russia to hack software or steal it outright from persons/companies  of foreign nationalities for one's own benefit.

As Russian software programs become more popular this is will happen to them in turn also.

That is what is meant by 'they will reap what they sow'

By not protecting the work, labors and products of others they leave thier own people who are now treading into the very same territoy to be victims of the same abuse with no one to help them.

-Westy

Well, nothing I can disagree with there.  And I apologize to you about 'Cold War' generalizations.  I encounter this on many forums (not just here), but you were wrongfully 'generalized' into the 'Cold War' generalization category.  Looks like the doctor can slip me in for a 2:00pm appointment ...

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2001, 09:10:00 AM »

Originally posted by cabby:
Staga:

YOU call him.  And while you have him on the phone, ask him how  he feels about "copyrights" and "reverse-engineering".  See if you can get him to post the answer here or in AGW..........

Cabby

Hmmmm...
No ...
I don't want to discuss with this guys ...
Let think a bit more ...

NA it won't work ...