Author Topic: America's new Fad?  (Read 701 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
America's new Fad?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2001, 04:00:00 PM »
Outstanding Midnight.

We should get some more people together and make a broader effort.  This might be something good for a lot of us that are not in the military anymore or somehow want to contribute to make a difference.

I think we should form an organization of people to pursue the following:

1.   Produce an informative pamphlet that covers the basic customs of displaying and caring for the flag.  It should be short enough to be printed on a single side of a sheet of paper.  The text, and any graphics should be able to be printed in black and white and hold up to being Xeroxed well.  Copies of the pamphlet (maybe we could get some printing companies to donate some printing) should be distributed to all vendors currently selling flags.  The vendors should be encouraged to make the pamphlets available along side the  flags being sold as a public service.  Maybe the vendors would be willing to make the copies themselves.
2.   The pamphlet should also be available in electronic form for distribution via email.
3.   A web page should be created for the organization explaining our goals.  Electronic versions of the pamphlet can be downloaded by visitors for their own copying.
4.   Press kits should be prepared for the organization for distribution to media.
5.   Veteran associations should be contacted and encouraged to participate.  The organization will coordinate efforts and provide the pamphlets and press kits to organizations that wish to provide flag collection.  The Veteran organizations will use the press kits to notify their local media of the drive.
6.   A mailing list should be set up for members to coordinate including representatives of the participating veteran associations.
7.   Press kits, press releases and other literature would also be available for download in electronic form from the web site.
8.   The web site will also serve as a clearinghouse for people interested to located the Veterans association closest to them who are participating in this effort.
9.   Most military bases have public relations offices that are always looking for a chance to interact with the public in a positive way.  Most military bases also have “honor guard” units that perform ceremonial  duties.  Its areas where there is a military base the organization should contact the public relations office and encourage them to offer to collect worn and used flags and have their honor guard perform the public ceremony.  

I can provide the webspace.  Surely we have some media/advertising types that know about putting together press release kits and such.  The rest is getting enough people to do the footwork and letter writing to get the ball rolling.  I’m willing to give it a try if anyone else is.

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
America's new Fad?
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
>How about a flag-blouse with an open slit
>upfront from neck to the bottom so that 90%
>of the breasts are visible?

You're right Miko.  I'd think its every red-blooded Americans duty to walk right up to here and rip it off.   :eek:

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.