Author Topic: interactive scarring  (Read 990 times)

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
interactive scarring
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:59:58 PM »
my only wish here is a simple one. interactive scarring. and for all you people who dont understand that craters that hinder planes from taking off. a stragegy that was used in war often. its the same as sinking a carrier, you stop the planes from taking off by taking thier runway out from under them. this strategy would not be used by forces who wanted to take the base quickly and keeps moving. but this could be a risk that would loose tehm a battle.

basically i want to be able to bomb a runway, and hurt it.
<S>
Toad

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:19:44 PM »
Ok , you give me 1$ each time your 14,95$ prevent my 14,95$ to have fun.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: interactive scarring
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by toadkill
my only wish here is a simple one. interactive scarring. and for all you people who dont understand that craters that hinder planes from taking off. a stragegy that was used in war often. its the same as sinking a carrier, you stop the planes from taking off by taking thier runway out from under them. this strategy would not be used by forces who wanted to take the base quickly and keeps moving. but this could be a risk that would loose tehm a battle.

basically i want to be able to bomb a runway, and hurt it.

It kept you from taking off.... for about 20 minutes, and usually the fighters were already in the air by the time the bombs were falling. I know of at least one first-person account that explains a certain field was bombed so regularly that the field crew kept piles of boulders and stones all over the place to instantly fill in the craters, and don't forget, most important:

In WW2 they didn't need to land on paved surfaces!! MOST of the time they landed on grass fields, and if one part was bombed they landed on another part of it!!!!

Considering we don't have that option, why bother making craters stop aircraft?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:30:27 PM »
Why add yet another thing to stop people from flying in a  flying game?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 04:45:46 PM »
one word "realism" thats what a combat flight simulator is about
<S>
Toad

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 04:54:22 PM »
Next time someone kill you in AH , will you put a bullet in your head IRL ?

It's all about compromises.

Think a bit : you HTC customer pay to fly.
How many will still pay if your sugestion is implemented ?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 05:16:35 PM »
Yeah I pay to fly, not to dodge craters. I don't fly for realism, I fly for fun. I don't want to have to come home from a hard days work and worry about engine start up procedures and gun jams, I just want to have some mindless fun. I don't care if I lose my virtual airplane, theres an endless supply in the hangar. HTC has to balance between realism and game to bring in the most costumers. On top of that, I'd like some of the "realism" problems to be fixed before applying more(IE:500mph dive bombin buffs).
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 11:33:21 AM »
really i just want all these bogus bugs in the game fixed before upgrades. like the ramming crap. when an a6m can ram down a whole formation of b17s that is ****.
<S>
Toad

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 11:50:43 AM »
really i just want all these bogus bugs in the game fixed before upgrades. like the ramming crap. when an a6m can ram down a whole formation of b17s that is ****.

Ahh, the truth comes out. You are a buff dweeb who relishes in the fact that you can prevent others from enjoying the game. Only reason I can see for wanting ANOTHER way to prevent fighters from takeing off. Suggestion, learn how to shoot!

And for the 9,999,999th time "Only you can avoid a collision". If you don't believe me look it up on this BBS. It's only been explained ad-infinitum.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 12:27:24 PM »

Really? Well, all I want is all the people like you to either die off or lose interest in the game so the rest of us can fly.

You can't always get what ya want...
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 12:47:45 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Really? Well, all I want is all the people like you to either die off or lose interest in the game so the rest of us can fly.

You can't always get what ya want...

:rofl :rofl :rofl
cmon hub tell us how you realy feal.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
interactive scarring
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 01:05:08 PM »
one word "realism" thats what a combat flight simulator  is about

OK, you said it there. If you stop others from taking off, then the game is no longer a flight simulator for them. See :)

Anyway, we used to have crater damage. If your plane rolled over a crater, the landing gear broke off. Then every dweeb that could carry a bomb would drop one on the runway. It got very boring when all the front line bases had no runways 80% of the time.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 03:22:22 PM »
Craters would only stop those that cant take of unless auto take of is enabled. The rest would simply move off the runway and take off.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 06:08:17 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
Craters would only stop those that cant take of unless auto take of is enabled. The rest would simply move off the runway and take off.

It doesn't work like that.  They just bomb the spawn point and you can't go anywhere without breaking your airplane.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
interactive scarring
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 09:49:39 PM »
Not to mention the tail draggers that bounce wildly on the non-paved areas in the game. What would have been rumbling across a grassy field in real life is more like driving up a flight of stairs in here.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech