Author Topic: Spitfire Mk IX screenshots  (Read 993 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Spitfire Mk IX screenshots
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 10:37:05 PM »
That looks like a recent photo. Restorations are notorious for NOT using historical colors or paint schemes.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 11:07:40 PM »

The cockpit of the preserved Spitfire PR Mk XIX looks much like that for Mk. XIV. The obvious exceptions are: a camera control box
instead of the gun sight, and the lack of gun trigger button on the control stick Photo: Joachim Smith
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 11:11:21 PM »
Much better photo!

To me, it doesn't look THAT much different. Remember that time of day affects how "light" a cockpit looks. I'm not overly upset at the colors used (*shrugs*)

EDIT: By "not over upset" I mean I could see it this dark or lighter, and still not really be affected.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 11:37:57 PM »
You guys are cruel!  Show us the early IX with the Universal wing.  Come on!  How bout the others! :)  Where's that clipped LFXVI?  or hope against hope, the LFVIII?

Any chance of rounding off the cannon plug on the outboard cannon bay?  Looks to be squared off and it definately wasn't a flat surface.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 12:21:10 AM »
Guppy, look at the 2nd screen, its rounded off, not flat. Just looks flat from certain front angles.

Ya, cant wait to see the rest of the versions, should be awesome. :aok
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 07:14:47 AM »
Its no secret that Im no fan of the dwee...Spitfire.
But thats as nicely done work as I've seen yet.
Good job:aok
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline EdXCal

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 08:49:49 AM »
I too am not a fan of the AH2 spit, mostly do to the uber feeling of it, there is often talk about how we have the most uber spits of most flight sims. I'm wondering, if there any change to the FM or will they fly the same? I'm hoping there toned down just a little bit, maybe in it's ability to hold so much E at such a light weight and average acceleration.

Edward

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 09:32:39 AM »
The interior colors are correct.  The shading may be a little dark, but they are correct.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 02:42:56 PM »
Originally posted by EdXCal
I too am not a fan of the AH2 spit, mostly do to the uber feeling of it, there is often talk about how we have the most uber spits of most flight sims. I'm wondering, if there any change to the FM or will they fly the same? I'm hoping there toned down just a little bit, maybe in it's ability to hold so much E at such a light weight and average acceleration.

Edward

The Spitfire Mk Ia says it is at +12lbs boost, but it performs at +9lbs boost levels.

Our Spitfire Mk V is the best of all Spitfire Mk Vs, save possibly in that it lacks clipped wings.  The new Spitfire Mk V will be reduced to 1941 standards, meaning a reduction from +16lbs boost to +12lbs boost and the cannon ammo will be cut in half.

The Spitfire F.Mk IX we have in AH is the earliest, worst and least common Spitfire Mk IX.  It has some options it shouldn't have and it will be losing those.  It is a 1942 Spitfire that in AH gets used to cover the whole of the war from mid-1942 on as though there were never any other improvements in Spitfire performance.  To claim it is the best possible is an irony of some scale.

The Spitfire F.Mk XIV is at +18lbs boost, not +21lbs boost.  Isn't a bubble canopy and doesn't have clipped wings.

The Seafire Mk IIc is the lowest performing Seafire of them all, even the Seafire Mk I had higher performance, it just wasn't as suited to carrier landings.

To claim that the Spitfires in AH are the best possible Spitfires is silly, with the exception of the current Mk V.

We will be getting a Spitfire LF.Mk XVIe at +18lbs boost and with clipped wings.  This is a significantly better Spitfire than the Mk IX we have now, but it still won't be the best Mk XVI.  The best Mk XVI would be at +25lbs boost and have a bubble canopy.

We might get the Spitfire LF.Mk VIII at +18lbs boost, which would be a very nice Spitfire, but still not at +25lbs boost.

The Spitfire Mk XIV may be raised to +21lbs boost, but it is perked so it is controled.

The fact of the matter is that we don't have the best possible Spits now and we won't have them in the next version.  That is fine with me, but hearing blantant misinformation thrown about is not.  We will have a nice lineup of Spits that, reasonably (particularly if we do get the LF.Mk VIII), covers the entire course of the war.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 02:57:35 PM »
AWESOME exterior and interiors! :)

I can't wait to take a stick with spit9. :furious

Offline EdXCal

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 05:24:55 PM »
Well, I often fight the Spit5's the most, I should have been most spacific when saying "best spits". To tell ya the truth I've never had a problem with facing our spit9's, there really not that bad, it's mostly the spit5's and Seafire. But I've heard the Spit 5 trop with the clipped wings and 4x 20mm cannons were the worst performing spits do to the weight and lack of wing area from the over sizeds trop filter, clipped wings and cannon armerment. I can't really say much on that do to my lack of information on the aircraft, but from what I've read it's often called the worst. (Also, this was the model that fought in the defence of Malta)  Mind you, I love the look of the spit and the historical value, but it's over use and over performance of the spit5/seafire just makes the game boring and not very challanging or entertaning. But with this update that just might change in my eyes, and maybe others.

Edward
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 05:28:15 PM by EdXCal »