Author Topic: Calling on hordemongers..  (Read 398 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Calling on hordemongers..
« on: October 14, 2005, 10:36:10 AM »
For Pete's sake, form the horde where it's needed.

The frickin' irony of MA hordes is that every horde avoids the other.

A huge enemy attack approaches.

What do people do?

Abandon the defenses, flock to where there are no enemies nearby, hit poorly defended/undefended enemy bases, and then call it "strategy".

*feh*

I'm a strat guy, but I'm the orthodox kind.

Flanking enemy territories and hitting undefended targets is indeed, a good tactic. But such moves is only legitimate when the defenses are strong enough to hold the line until a flanking maneuver works.

Abandoning the entire front, and flocking off to hit another enemy country, is NOT strategy. It's stupidity. And people wonder why the average skill level of the MA is low... how can it ever be high when people prefer to not fight at all?

The Uranos offensive of '42 worked because the troops in Stalingrad held. What the average horde in the MA is doing somewhat akin to emptying the entire South Russian front, sending the forces to Turkey, and then go claiming around, "We'll flank the Germans by attacking Turkey, make it through Greece, climb up the Balkans, and reach Austria and South Germany by foot. It's good strategy - hit the enemy where they are weak."

Hellllllo, Earth to doofus, come in, doofus!

What are you supposed to do when bad guys come marching in?

You prepare to defend yourself.

Isn't that why you are flying a plane armed with a gun?

How do you guys even gain any kills when all the targets are HERE[/i], at this side of the front?

If people see an enemy horde, they should form a horde, to engage the horde. Instead, in the MA, all three countries alike, The Rook horde goes hitting undefended Bish lands, the Bish horde goes hitting undefended Knit land, and the Knit horde goes to hit undefended Rook land.

And people wonder why the MA is becoming stale.

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
I'm not going to hold my breath......
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 10:58:24 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

You fix this, and you will have solved a vast majority of the attendance problems the game currently suffers from. In fact I bet if gameplay improved even just to "uncowardly standards", the server would max out on a regular basis.

I wish you all the best of luck, your going to need every bit of it.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 11:30:13 AM »
K, your most made me laugh because I can relate to your frustration.  A very clear (as usual) depction of the "horde evasion non-strategy."  Maybe dar pictures would bring additional hoots.  

Hap

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »
Strategery

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 12:00:52 PM »
S! Kweassa

IMO some Squads need to take the lead and start upping to defend bases with a  horde inbound.  Or if a base is already swarmed, up a nearby base to relieve it.  Without the Squads leading the way, nothing will change.

This reminds me of the player Defiant.  I don't know if he is still around. He would defend a base vs. an attack. Usually alone. He always frustrated the attackers.  But the horde would blow him off whenever he asked for help.  It is players like him that I hold in high regard.
JG11

Vater

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 12:05:18 PM »
Virage is right. Squads arent the thing they used to be. Just a name filled with guys that go fly all over the map.

~AoM~

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 12:26:46 PM »
Kweassa ...

Sad to say but the AH of today is not anywhere near the AH past ... nor will it be as long as people are more concerned about dieing, rather than fighting.

I remember when I first starting playing this game, and about a month or 2 into it, I was invited into the MAW. Our nemisis was the AKs (and I am sure vise a versa)

Well ... everytime the AKs attacked (for a capture) and the word went out, every MAW scrambled to thwart them ... head on head.

I can't tell you how many times when we attacked for a capture ... guess who showed up ... yup ... the dreaded AKs.

We took delight in trying spoil each others attempts at capture or pulling of a successful capture. Sometimes it worked ... sometimes it didn't. When and if the capture was spoiled ... we/they would come right back. This would sometimes see-saw for hours ... at the same base. There was no ... awww the AKs spoiled the capture ... lets go somewhere else on the map and avoid those meanies.

Another squad that use to attack the mob head on ... USMC ... Grim and Company ... then the FreeBird came along and they added to the mix.

There was no avoiding other squads or groups that tried to capture bases, we found out where the were and butted heads ... it was a BLAST !!!

<> to the AKs for alot of good fights and memories.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »
I agree with Virage and Filth. I fly base defense alot. I love doing it. But it always seems that it is a disparate goup doing it. Not any organised effort by any of the squads.

The run-n-hide mentality is so pathetic. I have flown into an enemy base being attacked by Bish (I'm Bish) and watched the total ineptitude of those attacking. Then when CAP is lost and the GVs start commin out on the field what happens, They leave! You watch them get shot down once and they never come back. Same thing happen when defending a field.

I still remember flying with a squad early in my AH career. Attacking a base from a carrier and a good air-to-air battle developed. Then, What do I hear on VOX? "Regroup guys, this is a bust. Lets go hit {insert undefended base # hear}" That's when I know that they were not a squad for me.

Good luck trying to turn this around, but as Yoda would say: "Confident, I am not"