Author Topic: Condit  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Condit
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
That is it EXACTLY.

Why do we end up with guys that are so STUPID that they try to lie about something like this?

He had to know with a missing person/murder investigation going on that having his Ministers of Disinformation deliberately lie about it wasn't going to work.

Far, far better and smarter to make the media look like prying, scandal mongering little weasels. Far better to show a little "backbone" and stand on personal privacy.

Condit hasn't impressed me as being too politically astute in this whole Levy mess. With the lie, he's earned my scorn.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Condit
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
I really don't have a problem with him lying about the affair.  At this point I'd expect any politician to both have affairs and lie about it, and honestly neither of them concern me that much.

The problem is that in this case there is a young woman still missing, and it isn't simply a matter of his hiding his affairs, it's a matter of his being able to assist in figuring out what happened, and not doing so.  Suspect or not there is no doubt he has relavent information on her activities prior to disappearing.  One quick way to change your status from witness to suspect though is to lie thru your teeth.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Condit
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
I see your point, but Condit didn't lie to the police. He lied to the media. They don't count.
sand

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Condit
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
Sure, he didn't lie, he fell back on the old "they didn't ask the right questions" line.

In any real person's opinion (aka non-politician), he lied.  That is why it took 3 interviews for him to even admit he had an affair with the woman.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Condit
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
hmmm....

National politician, ends affair with mistress.  She freaks out and starts getting all emotional (this is what the news said last week or the week before) The next day or 2 she goes "missing"

Could it be that maybe Condit though she would start blowing the whistle on him and ruin his political carreer, so he had her killed?????  To me that's the direction this whole mess points.  If they never find her body there's never been a crime, that can be proven.  Conjecture to be sure, but this senario doesn't sound too far out there for me to believe.  I guess she could have committed suicide or been abducted by some street thugs, but surely her body would have been found by now or there would have been a ransom note or something. I think he either killed her or had her killed and disposed of her body so that she will never be found.

Remember O.J. wasn't a "suspect" either. LOL Cops lie as much as politicians, go figure!

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Condit
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
wow i cant believe condit actually gets support arguments! hey earth to sheep! shake off your lawyer definition wordplay conditioning syndrome for a second and try a lil' common sense - do you really think he didnt feel they asked the right questions - that doesnt smell like an excuse to you?

when our elected officials dont know what the police are getting at and cant give them a straight and honest question then it confirms what ive known for years. our govt sucks and is no longer in contact with reality. pitchfork time.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Condit
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
mrfish, maybe the fact that the government is becomming more and more dodgy every year and more "above the law" (read: finding loop holes in the laws to keep themselves out of trouble), and the fact that people are pushing for gun laws so citizens can no longer carry guns is so that our government can turn the USA into a billion drones.

When we can no longer over throw the government when it becomes too powerful and overwhelms us with itself because we have a lack of arms, we may be up toejam's creek without a paddle.

First the government becomes above and beyond the law, then weapons will be outlawed in the hands of civilians, then the police become the equivelent of Hitler's secret police, mind control agents are pumped into the drinking water, television (one in every household, remember?) broadcasts subliminal messages or images that activate these mind control agents or trigger the population to be slaves to these power hungry government bastards...

Oh yeah... uhm... nevermind.   ;)
-SW

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Condit
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
"Whether interning in Modesto, Merced, or Washington D.C., working in one of Rep. Condit's offices can be an extremely rewarding experience.  Typical duties of Interns can range from assisting with phone's to researching legislative projects."

http://www.house.gov/gcondit/intern_opportunities.htm

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Condit
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2001, 03:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:

When we can no longer over throw the government when it becomes too powerful and overwhelms us with itself because we have a lack of arms, we may be up toejam's creek without a paddle.
-SW
You are jokin right? If you think that the average citizen has a chance in hell of overthrowing this gov (read military) with what those yahoos have in their closets, you need to stop eating the mushrooms you are pickin out of the cow dung  :)
I think anyone should own a gun, but my money's on the Apache if push comes to shove...

mrfish, you are correct again. He knew exactly what he was doing, now the question is why did he lie.. is he a liar, adulterer or a murderer, we know he's now 2 out of 3..
I doubt the 3rd would ever be proven if it is the case.... again, two different justice systems at work theirs and ours. I'd bet $$ if your mistress disappeared and you were the last one to see her, the police would be in your house with a fine tooth comb. But then we aren't a political figure are we..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Condit
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
Not serious at all, just a joke.

Although if the government did happen to get too powerful, I've got a box of rocks in my garage.   ;)
-SW

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Condit
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
Eagler,

That assumes the Apache drivers are loyal to the particular regime in power rather than the people and Constitution they are sworn to defend.

The guys that make up our Military are perhaps more conscious of and knowledgeable about the history and value of this Republic than the average bear.

If anything, I'd expect those Apache drivers to be more supportive of a popular movement than an unpopular government.

All idle speculation, however. I'm sure you youngsters will reform the world the way my generation was going to...

Peace, love & understanding, brother!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Condit
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2001, 11:00:00 PM »
Typcial American discussion... starts with a Politician having a shag and ends in civil war   :)

BTW... how do I know if I've ever gotten off "auroerotically"?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Condit
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2001, 11:27:00 PM »
Yeah, someday somebody will probably do a doctoral dissertaion on the premise that politicians lacking integrity have led to numerous wars throughout the ages.

Autoeroticism? You have a car, don't you?   Back seat? Girl friend? You'll figure it out.  ;)

...or you could look here: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary.htm    :p

Offline devildawg

• Zinc Member
Condit
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2001, 11:32:00 PM »
As far as this missing lady thing....well it could almost be a movie....oh wait a sec, it has...

Eagler, It doesnt take big fancy pushbutton weapons to win a war...just ask the Vietnamese. All it takes is ideals..and thats pretty much what this country was founded on. Take those away and just watch what happens. Sure you'll have the countless droves of sheep that will conform. But there will be a helluva lot of people that wont though. I could almost predict that most of em would be military seeing how most od us are "Right Wing Conspirators" to begin with.  ;)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Condit
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2001, 07:50:00 AM »

(Can't you trust this face)
Back to the thread, this loser should step down... plain and simple. It's about integrity. He doesn't have enough to represent himself let alone others.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals