Author Topic: Change the objective of the game  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Change the objective of the game
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 04:04:13 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Hornet,

It is too simple.  It focuses all of the strategy in the game on one target and one target only.  There needs to be a progression of captured/lost territory leading to eventual victory/defeat.

I have thought for a long time that the change needs to be to take the focus off of the airfields.

I'll see if I can draw up a more formal rendering of my idea later.

OK I can see that. I guess what I was trying to say about the HQ is that it needs to be the toughest "nut" to crack in winning the reset. There do need to be other factors involved working in conjunction with the HQ capture.

Maybe something along the lines of this...just an idea here.

In order for a HQ capture to reset the map, the country that captures the HQ must control a majority of the captured HQ's territory/resorces. If not the fight continues until they do.

Example: Bish capture Knights HQ, but the Rooks control more Knight territory/resorces than the Bish. The fight continues. This will force the Bish to fight the Rooks to gain majority control of captured Knight territory/resorces to win. It also allows the Knights time to mount a defense and possibly recapture their own HQ back. Or the Rooks mount their own offensive to capture the Knight HQ thereby defeating the Bish which would force the Bish to defend the captured HQ.

I think something like this would discourage a HQ capture attempt until the odds are in the favor of the country trying. They jump to soon they might end up with a huge mess on their hands. I don't know, it might not work but it would be entertaining to watch:rofl
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 08:13:55 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
im not sure it holds all the answers, but its better than what we have now...the game is stALE AND STAGNENT AT THE MOMENT..

the game is as stale and stagnant as the players make it.  the possibilities of game play are limited only by one's imagination...

sad so many seem to prefer staying within their limiting comfort zones and never try something different.

if you want suggestions, i can toss 'em out by the handful, but... are you sure you want *me* to do *your* thinking for you?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 12:18:02 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
the possibilities of game play are limited only by one's imagination...

Well said  hap

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 03:35:24 PM »
I like the idea of making the HQ the desired target. It would make the land grabbers have to think strategically (might cut down on the dive bombing buffs because the field needs to be used after captured).
Say the HQ needs to be completely destroyed before it can be captured like towns. This would prevent sneak attacks under radar and encourage organized bomber missions.
If a country were making a straight line toward the enemy HQ from their frontlines, then the defending country can make a pincher movement on the base of the bulge, surrounding the offenders. Then the defenders could counterstrike and pork the fields inclosed and when recaptured they are not on the frontline and are rendered useless if the enemy recaptures them.
When I think of this it makes me think of the HQ being Berlin and the 50 troops required to capture it like normandy.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 06:29:55 PM »
Not an Ideal without flaws but as said before...Better than what we have now.

Radar ring at HQ that shows all NME cons even those below 200ft. By the time they are close to the HQ the local spotters are wiring in the locations strenth and heading. Add a VH or 3 to the HQ also would keep the sneaks down. Raise the ack to ludicrous levels at HQ...keeping the bombers high.

Resets would be more frequent, but gameplay would be quicker. I think it could work.  Some programming changes would need to occur tho. HT being so busy with TOD. I see it as doubtful that very much effort would be placed on it.

Great Idea tho :aok
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline wylieboy

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 06:59:16 PM »
That really is a goodidea:aok  'cause the way the game is now it can get kinda dull for the losing team.