Author Topic: Warning to all 109 and 190 pilots in AH and WB!  (Read 2311 times)

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Warning to all 109 and 190 pilots in AH and WB!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
I don't care much for the IL-2 FM, not being a pilot IRL I can't say which is more realistic - as a PC pilot I will say I prefer AH over IL-2.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
well, as long as you enjoy it, that's great.   :)  However, if I wanted to shoot at AI, I'd play Warbirds offline...  :p
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
How realistic can it be?
The tail wheel strut on a Bf109 is supposed to be RLM02 not shiny chrome.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Possi:

And damn the FM from ww2online is not 100% real,but better than in AH and Wb too.I can´t believe it   :(
This is not a joke!

WWIIOL FM better then WB or AH ?
You better stop smoking crack pal, it's bad for your health.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
Ski, I think I've found the entire reasoning behind his posting about IL2 being the best sim.

Quoted from him earlier up in this thread:
"yeah,Wardog you right with ww2ol i know it´s still too far from real,but flying it´s easy,and not like a stall Flyingsim"

Ah, so the planes in IL2 are EASY to fly, that's why you like it. The LuftWiener planes finally have a fleeting chance at victory!

Gotcha.
  :D
-SW

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Possi:

I am a Betatester  :)and we have a real Bf109 Pilot here,so he know whats going on and we talk with a lot Bf109 Pilots from WW2,but pls never thinks is 100% Vati   :)but this not a question!

Not ment as a flame BUT  :) ..........

WW2 Fighters had Bud Anderson as an advisor.  I rest my case...

Udie

Offline Macchi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2001, 03:40:00 AM »
Guys like Pongo should take a looka at their own game. I don't think i need to make a list here of faulty models, or?

But that may be freedom of art  ;) So much for sitting in the glashouse, eh  ;)

IL2 has a much bigger development team and they had a long time to make their stuff.
also you should never forget that you don't need to download a boxed version so graphics will never catch up for downloadable online only game versions.

It will be the new standard for box games and if they plan to do a MMP version (which is in plan if the game sells well) then they will set the standard there too.

From what i have heard from beta testers (WB and AH players) the FM feels very good and reasonable. Can't say anything about realism, but that most of you guys cant either  :D

Macchi

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2001, 04:14:00 AM »
Udie apperently an interesting and very very sad thing about JanesWW2Fighters is that there was another FM developed before the games release. This came out in an interview of one of the games FM programmers after Janes/EA abandoned the game. This FM was supposedly a hardcore realistic type setup that was  rjected by Janes/EA because they wanted a different market group or some such BS, and thats how we got the sad thing WW2Fighters is or better yet was.......

As an aside:

I played Janes WW2 Fighers Online for a good 2 years before coming to AH, in many ways the Jane's SpitfireIX FM is similar to the AH 1.04 Niki FM, so please consider that AH is not always that far removed from the Janes sim FM.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2001, 05:23:00 AM »
Ya,

And dont forget that even the AH FM was dumbed down to fit the masses 1.03 - 1.04 transition  :)
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline MrRiplEy

• Copper Member
      • http://altavista.net
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2001, 06:02:00 AM »
I'm really amazed that you waste your energy bashing this 12-year old german troll..

He can't even write proper english and his comments are made deliberately to aggravate.. So why bother?

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2001, 07:45:00 AM »
I've been following IL2 since it was announced a LONG time ago and I've read literally every interview in English with Oleg. Although I've gotten a bit bored the past year reading the same old, same old preview/reviews on IL2.

In a nutshell every time someone who appears to have credentials asks Oleg why the "IL2" flight model feels so weak, arcadish and simple he always answers that it's either not done yet and is going to be re-worked before release or it's the controllers they have hitched up that are not working right.

Imo, IL2 has a challenging road ahead to knock EAW off the top perch as king of the box sims.

As for MMP? This is the only feature that could compete with an AW/FA/WB/AH game.  But they can't even get the thing released after three plus years of developments and folks think they can just add in a huge feature like that in a snap?  Keep dreaming.

Westy

[ 07-10-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Possi

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy:
I'm really amazed that you waste your energy bashing this 12-year old german troll..

He can't even write proper english and his comments are made deliberately to aggravate.. So why bother?

Can you write German?  :eek:

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
Ripley läheskään kaikissa maissa englanti ei kuulu normaaliin opetusohjelmaan vaan on erikseen valittava aine kuten ranska tai venäjä suomessa.

Minkäs ikäinen muuten itse olet ?

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
Possi, maybe you should read your NDA again.

It doesn't matter that you only write praises of the beta.
You don't know how the game will turn out at release.

To the rest I can say that I am trying to test the planes to the best of my knowledge,
questioning Oleg if I find something that isn't like I expect it to be.

If someone would like to just look at some screenshots instead of having (at current time) pointless FM-comparisons,
there was just release some hundred here (German site)

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
My AH homepage

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: LLv34_Snefens ]
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
1. If one plane is modelled more realistically then the other one, that would mean the numbers would be closer to real life. Without numbers that statement is pointless.

2. There are some planes for which feel can be modelled on computer beter then the other ones.
 There is no way any user, even WWII Ace would ever feel the same flying PC as if he was flying a real plane with current joystick setup.
 In fact Bf 109 is the worst plane in that respect. It had narrow cockpit and enormous stick forces - 40 pounds where P47 had 7 pounds.
 So at high speed Bf 109 could outturn P47 but the pilot in Bf 109 could not outturn one in P47 just because he could not apply enough force to the stick to deflect the surfaces or move them as fast.

Because of that Bf 109 was much less maneuvrable then its characteristics would suggest.

Ace or no ace, what he feels flying Il2 or AH is definitely not close to what he would feel flying the real thing. Somewhat similar but maybe...

miko