Author Topic: goon supply drop questions  (Read 652 times)

Offline kit600ana

• Zinc Member
goon supply drop questions
« on: October 14, 2005, 07:31:21 AM »
once you drop on an airfield in specific, do you have to fly to a diff field to receive perk credit, or can you swing in and land at field you just dropped on and tower out for credit?

can you take off from a field, and then drop on same field you took off from to resupply?

for complete clarity, <200 knots and >1000agl correct?

thanks
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 07:43:49 AM by kit600ana »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 07:52:49 AM »
For dropping troops, you can land anywhere to recieve credit. A good landing at runway, hanger will give you a 1.25 multiplier.

Technically speaking there is no speed limit for troops, you can be 400 mph or 100, you do need that 800 feet above ground for the chutes to open.

OR you can land next to the city, come to a full stop, and let em run. (is often faster)

On resupply, it has to come from a diff field.

Drop em on a runway, or hanger pad.

Offline kit600ana

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 08:08:38 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

On resupply, it has to come from a diff field.

Drop em on a runway, or hanger pad.

ok but can i land at the field i just dropped on, or do i have to find a different one

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 08:19:20 AM »
Same one is fine to land on, but suppies must come from different feild. And IIRC you can throw them out sitting on the runway(please correct me if I'm wrong).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 08:21:29 AM by RSLQK186 »
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 08:29:06 AM »
Originally posted by RSLQK186
Same one is fine to land on, but suppies must come from different feild. And IIRC you can throw them out sitting on the runway(please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yep. You can drop them while sitting on ground (as long as gear is not damaged).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline kit600ana

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 06:26:06 PM »
YOU ABSOLULTEY CAN NOT DROP ON GROUND WHEN LANDED, THEY GET DESTROIED.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 06:46:57 PM »
You can. Im sure of it (done it plenty of times).

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 07:01:49 PM »
"YOU ABSOLULTEY CAN NOT DROP ON GROUND WHEN LANDED, THEY GET DESTROIED."

"You can. Im sure of it (done it plenty of times)."

"Shimmer is a floor wax and a dessert topping" from SNL.

When you let supplies out, wether dropped in a chute or deposited while on the ground, the crate of supplies stays on the ground momentarily and then they 'explode' sort of. This explosion is just a graphic and is the proof, so to speak, that it was a successful drop and they supplies were used. To be sure you can check the 'last sortie' area in the Hanger for any points rewarded for your flight.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline kit600ana

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 08:45:15 PM »
well it went poof.. tower... check and nothing. and yes ther base needed it, there were items disabled

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 10:20:18 AM »
Base resupply and regeneration is not instant.
What it does is reduce the time needed to repair the damaged item.
I believe when you get to a cetain point the repair time is already at minimum and further supply drops have no effect.
Thats where checking the points for last sortie gets involved.

Also make sure you don't do what I occasionally do when in a hurry to exit.
I forget to drop the supplies sometimes when trying to avoid getting killed when landing the goon on the runway. I usually realize that as soon as the Tower screen comes up and shortly after that I receive a self induced dope-slap upside my coconut.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 10:23:11 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 07:38:47 AM »
Originally posted by kit600ana
well it went poof.. tower... check and nothing. and yes ther base needed it, there were items disabled

Dunno, maybe you clicked tower too fast after dropping... you need to wait at least till the supplies dissappeared, i usually wait a second or two longer, just to be sure.

Fuze: Im glad im not the only one with a flat forehead....:lol

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 08:52:49 AM »
remembering of course to drop the supps on the runway or other tarmc areas, not on the grass.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 09:06:53 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
remembering of course to drop the supps on the runway or other tarmc areas, not on the grass.

Does that really make a difference? I thought anywhere on the field was ok, since when you drop them from altitude, you cant really make sure they land on the tarmac.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 01:59:04 PM »
To my knowledge the actual supply drop does not have to be spot on the tarmac or runway.
They cut rebuild time for objects a certain distance around the area they're successsfully deployed at, I thought.
My decision process hasn't been spot on lately though so some fication from Clara might be in order.
The exit or .ef should definately be on the tarmac or runway for full point value however.
Of course vehicle supplies actually have to be 'picked up' by the vehicle to use them.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 01:55:23 PM »
Field supplies can be dropped anywhere on the base. If you are gonna land them and kick 'em out (goon or M3) ... its best to be on the runway/tarmac/hanger ... then when you exit back to the tower ... you will get a successful landing and the full amount of perks earned.

As far as dropping off supplies and not getting perks. A field reaches a point that no matter how many supplies you drop off ... you won't get any perks for it (just re-affirming what fuzeman stated).
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."