Author Topic: Stick Settings and Views  (Read 473 times)

Offline tallyho1

• Zinc Member
Stick Settings and Views
« on: October 18, 2005, 01:58:49 PM »
Hi guys / gals!

Can anyone help with stick settings and views? Mine totally suck at present and I need at the help I can get!

Also once you downloaded them, how do load the settings into the game?

Thanks

Jon

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Stick Settings and Views
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 03:35:48 PM »
what stick?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Jethro_Bodine

• Zinc Member
Stick Settings and Views
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 03:47:45 PM »
yeah you shouldn't have to download anything. It all depends on what stick you have.

I have a 12 button stick (forget the name) but I try and set everything at easy reach so I rarely have to take both hands off of the controller. I have my hat switch do every view (except down) and have this set up...

button 1: Primary weapon
Button 2: secondary weapon
Button 3: secondary weapons switch
Button 4: Flaps down
Button 5: flaps up
Button 6: dive breaks
Button 7: Voice (old T)
Button 8: Gear

(can't think of the rest of my buttons.

Now I have my other buttons set on my keypad for very easy access. (trim and the like).

I hope that helps and what your looking for. I also have my views at snap back so I don't have to correct all the time. You usually only need a quick look in the middle of a fight.
Spicoli

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Stick Settings and Views
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:01:32 PM »
Yeah not sure if you are talking about buttons or actual settings. If you are talking about slider settings I have mine set to this.....

Tweak dampening and dead band as needed.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Stick Settings and Views
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 08:03:52 PM »
Originally posted by tallyho1
Hi guys / gals!

Can anyone help with stick settings and views? Mine totally suck at present and I need at the help I can get!

Also once you downloaded them, how do load the settings into the game?

Thanks

Jon

Aces High View System - and how to set & save your views individually for each plane type/boat/GV : by Hammer

Aces High II View System

Aces High Joystick Setup / Calibration & Stick Mapping :  by Hammer

Aces High II Joystick Setup / Calibration & Stick Mapping

now once you get a handle on this stuff, play around practicing different settings.  The next thing you asked was how to save and load into the game. If you download someone elses settings or views, you can save them to your computer and insert them in the following Folder/sub-folder

C:\HTC\Aces HighII\settings  folder  then once in the game everything should be setup.  be sure to make back up copys of your originals 1st and save them somewhere. Also note some people let Aces high load in the default folder of

C:\programfiles\HTC\AcesHighII    etc..........

Good Luck!!!!!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline tallyho1

• Zinc Member
Stick Settings and Views
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:11:40 PM »
Thanks guys - will try!

Tally