Author Topic: Spit XIV  (Read 255 times)

Offline EdXCal

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Spit XIV
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:47:53 AM »
I know has already been posted but I thought I'd like to say it myself... I've never been a big spits fan, in fact I hate spits in AH, but my god... GIVE US THE NEW SPIT XIV NOW!!!! lol

Edward

PS when are you gonna post Seafire pics? :-)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Spit XIV
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:54:35 AM »
just give me a new V and this guy a 14 and everyone will be happy!:)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Spit XIV
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 09:08:26 AM »
im waiting for the 8

probably my fav spit. it just looks 'right' especially the sharper vert stab

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Spit XIV
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
Yes, the Spit XIV is very aggressive looking.  And feeling I understand.  I remember reading one guy who flew a Mk XIV for the first time in the '80s or '90s saying that it was one of fighters that felt most brutally honest about it's purpose.  Like it was saying "Come on, let's go kill something."

Visually it is my favorite Spitfire, but for practical gameplay in AH I am hoping we get the Mk VIII.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EdXCal

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Spit XIV
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 11:07:16 AM »
That spit mk VIII does look rather pretty, even more so in US markings! lol Also, remember the Spit5's FM is being tuned down, less ability to hold E so well, so now you won't be able to make sharp turns and still be going the same speed! lol I guess thats been the biggest probelm with the spit5 and the most *****ed about. Thats the only probelm I've ever had, I'd pass one in a HO and pull about 30-40 deg. up and the spit would do a full 180 and gain! I often fly the US fighters, so not always, but most of the time I'm going much faster. I'm sorry, a spit pulling a 180 vertical turn will not catch a P-51! lol

Edward

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Spit XIV
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 11:42:37 AM »
Originally posted by EdXCal
That spit mk VIII does look rather pretty, even more so in US markings! lol Also, remember the Spit5's FM is being tuned down, less ability to hold E so well, so now you won't be able to make sharp turns and still be going the same speed! lol I guess thats been the biggest probelm with the spit5 and the most *****ed about. Thats the only probelm I've ever had, I'd pass one in a HO and pull about 30-40 deg. up and the spit would do a full 180 and gain! I often fly the US fighters, so not always, but most of the time I'm going much faster. I'm sorry, a spit pulling a 180 vertical turn will not catch a P-51! lol

Edward

I guess you are realy going to hate the Mk III seafire then.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Spit XIV
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 01:01:58 PM »
I feel so powerfull in spit14 it gives me shivers
now posting as SirNuke