Author Topic: Bureaucracy has saved our planet!  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Bureaucracy has saved our planet!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2001, 03:49:00 PM »
Blur, this is a no-spin zone   :) Here is the truth ... http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/election.htm

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Gunthr ]
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by blur:
“Come the millennium, month twelve,
In the home of greatest power,
The village idiot will come forth
To be acclaimed the leader.”

-Nostradamus, 1555

did you get a promotion last December blur?
  :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2001, 09:51:00 PM »
When I meant War hero I didn't mean "All" Gore I meant Mcain. Sad,you have a guy with previous leadership know how (i.e. he fought for the damn country he lived in,indured the most heavy onslaught a human being can endure psycological and physical) and somehow this idiot got elected :/. Texas well... I can't say much for it but as long as they don't let W.  speech impediment Bush run  the country directly I'd think we'd be safe for a while.

I don't think he'll be re-elected  will probably one of those one shot one kill presidents he'll screw up sooner or later that I guarantee you.

There you go the US is turning into France lol.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2001, 10:33:00 PM »
War heroes do not neccesarily make the best leaders in more* peaceful times. The last big war was the Gulf War and that lasted all of 2 weeks. Bush Sr was president and Powell was his General. That was Bush's time to shine, after that it was more of a shoulder shrug across the nation when he did something. (Bush Sr was a WWII war vet, he flew a TBM in the South Pacific and was shot down. The mission he was shot down on was also in Aces Of The Pacific)

I'm not saying Bush Jr. is going to be great, but I'm certainly saying he's not going to be a bad president. So far he's done pretty well, especially in that whole Chinese fighter/U.S. Spyplane collision ordeal.

No nuclear holocaust occured, we got our people back unharmed, China got an indirect apology so they could save face and here we are months later still communicating over a somewhat peaceful World Wide Web.

All in all, so far he's done a pretty damn good job.
-SW
* by peaceful I mean no large conflicts, WW1, WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War, Iran-Contra, Balkans, etc.

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2001, 11:47:00 PM »
YA,
W'S  we haven't had the unemployment rate climb this fast since his dad's first year