Author Topic: This is unbelievable  (Read 360 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
This is unbelievable
« on: July 10, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
Killer made the following post about the possibility of players using speed hacks:

I don't think anyone is playing using gear. If you can find a speed hack program that is compatable with WWIIOL and does work, let us know. If you don't believe me try it yourself.
You heard it straight from the head Rat! Go ahead and cheat, but just make sure to send him a note afterwards. Thanks to Zeed for sending this in.

- mike

Big problems here:
  • This just flies in the face of the reality seen every night on the server. It isn't just lag. People are cheating, and are more-or-less blatant about it.
  • Even if people aren't currently cheating, this amounts to an open invitation to do so. If someone then cheats, are they banned after being so cordially "invited"?
This is denial in its grandest form. There are lots of problems with the game, and it's about time they admitted it and took steps to intervene. What is truly unbelievable is a person was banned from the board and game for posting the URL to the cheat location. If the cheat didn't work, why ban him? Wouldn't he be merely verifying what CRS already "knows", that cheats can't be done?

I am posting this on the WWIIOnline BBS as well, but I find the discussion here is a bit more "reasoned".  ;) I know several of you play both, interested in thoughts on the cheating issue.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
This is unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2001, 08:32:00 PM »
Killer acts extremely reasonable.

We, at WB Russian server were informed of only one "speed hack" from the user of  German WB 2.01 server. It was easy to detect on server side, but netlag can give the same picture in logs, especially concerning that most of our players have extremely poor connection. So - we simply inform the "suspect" about the supposed "hack", before real investigation and taking any real measures against him.

After hearing that "gear" story I wrote to Killer about our "discovery", but I think that he was already informed and ready for that kind of "hack".

So, Killer, as a developer of an MMP game is much better informed then we, ordinary players, and such a "challenge" is a demonstration of his superiority above hackers.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
This is unbelievable
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2001, 09:23:00 PM »
Or just an example of using the right words in a public forumn.

The one thing they have nailed down to perfection over there is being able to make something sound better or much different than it really is.

However the reports of these hacks, on their web boards, has dropped off dramaticly. I honestly do not know if that is because of the large drop in online players, an even bigger drop in web board participantion or whether they finally did something about it finally.

-Westy

[ 07-10-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
This is unbelievable
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2001, 04:23:00 AM »
I dont see anything unbelievable in Killers post.
They said they are aware of the speed hack problem and now it looks like they fixed it.
You can try the speedhack if you dont believe it, so what ?

Gh0stFT
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.