Author Topic: 'Black and White' in the US...  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
'Black and White' in the US...
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
Use the water miracle, Superfly? Maybe planting a tree nearby might help?

I don't really know to be honest - but I reckon there are going to be a fair few bugs in this release cosidering the size of the game.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
send him for a swim or put him inside a tree forest. Once he sleeps he'll cool off. Hot could also mean its dehydrated.

My tiger keeps hugging villagers, then throwing them ROFL.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2001, 01:24:00 PM »
I still can't get my creature to dump in the farm fields.  At least he quit eating it.  

I got my creature to stop eating or throwing the villagers, but he still picks them up and pets them.  The problem is that when he puts them down, 50% of the time they turn into "deciple" randy little bastards and then I end up with a nursery full of children and then soon after they are all screaming "must build homes".  

If I slap the creature around to tell him to stop picking them up will that screw something else up?

------------------
Mickey
3./JG2

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
Mickey:

Parenthood - it's all about choices.

War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »

Originally posted by Tac:
send him for a swim or put him inside a tree forest. Once he sleeps he'll cool off. Hot could also mean its dehydrated.

My tiger keeps hugging villagers, then throwing them ROFL.

Heh...my creature keeps grabbing the beachball I gave him and hurling it at the kids playing in the playground...

I caught him last night eating a tree which he promptly threw up and ran around until he could find a sheep to wash the taste out of his mouth...

It's truly frightening how much personality these things have...

I was reading an article where originally the creatures could die and you would get a new one...but beta testers couldn't handle the fact that after all that time...they had grown so close to their creature that it was actually hurtful to lose them.

To them I say...go outside..get some fresh air...IT'S ONLY A FRIGGEN GAME!!!

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2001, 05:28:00 PM »
That is hilarious Tac.  My creature picks them up and pets them.  I can't make the creature go for swim.  He can't go any deeper than he can stand.  I will try putting him in a forest.  This game is a lot more fun to just play with the creature than micromanage the place.  You definitely gotta watch those breeder deciples.  They breed like rabbits!

------------------

"Holy Underwear!"
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2001, 12:42:00 AM »
Ok, so who else has seen their creature getting the villagers to dance with him? Seeing a giant orange ape pulling off disco moves to the cheers of Aztec villagers is just plain weird!

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2001, 09:53:00 AM »
LOL  That's one of the funniest parts of the game!    I love watching my tiger breakdance and do the moon walk.  He's pretty superfly.  

------------------

"Holy Underwear!"
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
Yeah, dancing tiger is hilarious.

I like the Titanic spoof they put in the first world when they launch the boat too.

Remember the guy in the first world that was a smartass if you missed the rock (when in the tutorial world you practice throwing rocks)? After his second comment I threw HIM and smack hit the pillar. Them villagers bounce pretty well i'd say. Must be overmodelling.

Creature fights are awesome. My tiger has beaten the crap out of 3 critters already, and when it wins it does all these macho mucle-displaying moves, the "V" sign, etc. Its too bad the game doesnt have a film recorder    

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
I never finished the quest with the guys making the boat.  I got pissed because they said grain wasn't good enough and they wanted something else.  I was like "Screw you bastards, you'll take what I give and LIKE IT!"  Then I picked up one of them and threw him at the boat, killing him.    What happens when you complete that one?

------------------
"Holy Underwear!"
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
Did anyone ever follow that yoga guy down from the mountaintop?  That was about the most frustrating damn thing yet, I gave it up finally.  Skipped a few others too, the sheep for one, got tired of looking for the little things.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
Reading this thread is like reading pages out of a Fathers diary.  

Offline Wilfrid

• Copper Member
      • http://www.crytek.de
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
Superfly if you just grab another villager and drop it next to the boat it'll become a sailor. They sail off, couple of em standing on the bow, arms outstretched like Winslet and Di whatshisname.

I did the same as you though, got tired of their whining...gave one to my Monkey, threw another one against a mountain and a third got his wish to travel across the sea - I counted 6 splashes/bounces before he disappeared over the horizon.

I am a vengeful god.  

------------------
Wilfrid
272 Squadron Whispering Death

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2001, 03:48:00 PM »
Hey Fatty!  I haven't seen you around here lately.  Where you been?
I cheated and went to Best Buy to read the BW hint book for that yogi one.  You just have to get super close to him, and stay behind his back.  You can hit p to pause it and re-position the camera to stay clear of his eyes.  He says he'll help you later on, but he never did anything for me.
Has anyone figured out the point to the guy you who keeps asking you to throw him?  Throwing him is a lot of fun.  

------------------
"Holy Underwear!"
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
I request that you stop posting about this game right away please.  It is extremely ridiculous for you to believe that you can be a god.  I find it very offensive.......

Yeah right!!!  You guys are killing me with all of the descriptions...especially because I cant find the damn thing at any local stores!!!!!  I am intrigued and am desperately trying to locate this one.  Sounds like a blast.

------------------
Sling322
Not a Monitor!
Fat Drunk "Chute Shooting" Bastards