Author Topic: Lalas and HO's...  (Read 1206 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2005, 08:20:50 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
For a moment there, I thought you were describing our two fights.  You know, the ones you run away from saing "what did you expect me to do?  Fight you i a 190?"

:rofl

Son you have a poor memory.

First I havent flown the 190 cept once or twice in almost a year.

and for the other I would NEVER say "what did you expect me to do?  Fight you in a 190?"

what I would have said is.

"what did you expect me to do?  TURN Fight you in a 190?"

And by Turn fight I would have ment for an extended period of time.

If I was running it was to get some E back or I was out of ammo.

I dont run from a fight just to run from a fight

and just what does our fights have to do with HO's?
Unless you wee trying to HO ME
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline ahgod69

• Zinc Member
      • http://rebelbattalion.com/CMS/index.php
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2005, 08:50:44 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Son you have a poor memory.

First I havent flown the 190 cept once or twice in almost a year.

and for the other I would NEVER say "what did you expect me to do?  Fight you in a 190?"

what I would have said is.

"what did you expect me to do?  TURN Fight you in a 190?"

And by Turn fight I would have ment for an extended period of time.

If I was running it was to get some E back or I was out of ammo.

I dont run from a fight just to run from a fight

and just what does our fights have to do with HO's?
Unless you wee trying to HO ME

What I heard a lot last night was this.  Some kind of expletive about being a hotard, which I assume (I hate doing that) means I ho'ed you.  I am not sure how you can say I ho'ed a Person that flew by me and below at a 10 o'clock down angle (best way to describe down and below to the left) and raked the top of your plane.  If that is a Ho then that is what I do.  I fly 190's because they are sexy.  If I wanted to fly a plane that has built in training wheels I would fly the Spit 9.  Takes 2 to ho, and 1 to whine.  If I lose a Ho, I biatch at myself for doing it.  

I prefer the alt monkey routine, grab, dive, shoot, grab, pray, dive, count the La's behind you,  grab, rinse, repeat, 25K spit chases you too the deck not realizing after he has blown his excessive E you will pull away due to the deck speed of a cow for the Spits.

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2005, 09:32:35 PM »
I think every newb becomes a bish by default,is that true?
If it is,then you have an answer to "why so many bish HOing in lalas"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2005, 10:04:06 PM »
Originally posted by Big G
Anyone else noticed the amount of bish flying lalas and then trying to ho you?
Don't know why the sudden spike in this but it's been really noticable over the last couple of days, Not whining or anything, they pay thier cash and that's fine with me, shame though as there's a lot more enjoyment in this game to be had than just flying looking to ho folks.
Cheers
Big G

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2005, 08:04:49 AM »
Originally posted by CHECKERS
< LaLa's are for the skilless, Thanks alot , the La 7  is my favorite plane , ya Dork ! :mad:

CHECKERS

Doesn't change anything. Standard flight gear for LaLa's includes a dress. :lol

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2005, 08:08:42 AM »
Originally posted by ATA
I think every newb becomes a bish by default,is that true?
If it is,then you have an answer to "why so many bish HOing in lalas"

I switched to Bish due to the numbers... and I can tell you Rooks and Knights do it just as often. And LaLa's do it the most.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2005, 08:09:26 AM »
Ya know when I'm having one of those days where everyone wants to seem to HO me. From the spit all the way down. Thats the time I jump in the Yak9T and say "Bring it on!"

I can HO you like a felon at 1.2k out LONG before your guns are in range.

All I need is 1 (one) single hit and your toast. 37mm in the cockpit = one knee slapping gut laugh for me and a quick trip to tower for you.

Couple of those and its land those kills quick before you run into someone who can actually fly!

Besides, dodging a real straightforward HO shot is not that hard.

Dive under his nose, corkscrew, set up some horz or vert seperation and  lead turn into him, there are a ton of ways to beat it.

But you have to want to.

Offline Haze22

• Zinc Member
      • http://councilofdragons.com/242squadron/
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2005, 08:31:48 AM »
It's kind of ridiculous for anyone to say that you can't perform a certain maneuver or fly a certain plane...
Last time i looked this was a ww2 flight sim correct? which means that it has been created to exact or best display the action in ww2
Now if for one minute you can  tell me that a pilot in ww2 would say ooops im gonna HO this guy lemme disengage and come from another direction " just to be fair" you are extremely naive...
I'm tired of people whining about LA's and HO's only to contradict themselves a minute later by saying LA's can be taken down easily...
Jut play the game with the planes that are given and let people use whatever maneuvers they want...
IF YOU WERE A GOOD PILOT IT WOULDNT MATTER WHAT THEY FLEW OR WHAT MANEUVER THEY DID RiGHT???
MAYBE ITS YOU WHO NEEDS TO SHARPEN YOUR SKILLS SO YOU DONT END UP IN THIS SITUTATION...

This post was not to anyone in particular just tired of people whining all the damn time

Haze22
242 Squadron

"Remember this. For every precious thing i lose, you will lose two."-Stephen White

"HTC should hand out cheese with every subscription, to go with all this whine."-Haze22

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

Besides, dodging a real straightforward HO shot is not that hard.

Dive under his nose, corkscrew, set up some horz or vert seperation and  lead turn into him, there are a ton of ways to beat it.

But you have to want to.

Yup, you gotta want to. So if your whinin' about a HO you didn't want to avoid it very much, or just didn't try.

And, BTW, if you couldn't shoot the guy who shot you? It ain't a HO!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: ...
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2005, 04:08:34 PM »
Originally posted by Haze22
This post was not to anyone in particular just tired of people whining all the damn time

"HTC should hand out cheese with every subscription, to go with all this whine."-Haze22

Your whines have been recorded :D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2005, 04:31:34 PM »
HO's are just a normal part of the game in the MA.

When you engage a bogey, expect him to try to give you a face full of shot.  Whether it be at the merge or subsequent merges as you vertical fight or turn fight, or whatever.  It isn’t just the LA-LA’s either.  The 109’s with their 30mms are a nightmare.  That is why I’ve taken to the 109G6 from the F4.  Much better firepower, although I think the F4 is a better turn fighter.  Either one will get you home if you fly smart.

At the merge, I usually just roll under their nose.  Or HO them if they look like they are avoiding the HO.

The MA is more like “LA’s High” lately, but the 109 is a LA killer, just pick your favorite from the F4 to the G10.  I used to just fear the P-38, now, in a 109 F4/G6, they are meat.  Same with the L-Gays.  Unless of course the P-38 or LaLa is flown by a good stick.  

The reason, I say that, is that most of the LA’s are not flown by the best sticks.  Once you get to a certain level in this game, a LA7 becomes boring.  You need more of a challenge.  I think that most good sticks will eventually move on from the Spits and the Niks and the LA-7 to more challenging rides.  Not for the perks, but for the satisfaction.

What you need to develop in your SA repertoire is the ability to quickly evaluate the quality of pilot you are flying against, not the plane type you are fighting.

For the real question you learn to ask yourself in this game is not; “What plane am I fighting?”  But, “Which pilot am I fighting?”  

And when that question becomes first in your mind Grasshopper, you are not far from reaching enlightenment.

Offline Haze22

• Zinc Member
      • http://councilofdragons.com/242squadron/
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2005, 06:53:40 AM »
Sweet im recorded yay for me!!!!!

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2005, 04:35:44 PM »
It's that bish are on a national effort to learn spanish... A bish hello, get it? HO LA, Hola! lololol I crack me up.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2005, 12:04:51 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+

At the merge, I usually just roll under their nose.  Or HO them if they look like they are avoiding the HO.

So, if they go for the HO you chicken out but if they attempt to avoid the HO to actually fight, you HO. Then what? Run?

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Lalas and HO's...
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2005, 12:17:11 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
It's that bish are on a national effort to learn spanish... A bish hello, get it? HO LA, Hola! lololol I crack me up.

That was funny :aok

Now then, for the rest of ya...
This is such a dead discussion, but I'm gonna chime in since I am a bish...

Every country HO's like mad, stop laying it on one country's door step.  I get HO'd in about 80 percent of my merges.  And I really don't care, as soon as I see you pointing straigh up my nose clearly lining up a shot, I'll crack at ya.  And I fly tracers off unless I'm recording something, so choose carefully, you may not realize what you've done.

Anyhow, I don't have a problem with HO and I think its funny how many people do.  It happened all the time in documented real life fights and was an encouraged method in some circumstances.  And more importantly, its not all that hard to avoid, I duck under HO's all the time and very few of them are skilled enough to adjust the shot.

So it seems the real complain here is you don't like getting shot down.  If thats the case maybe you should play this instead... Hamsterball Its lots of fun and there are no LA-7's

Now quit hanging out in here like a crybaby and go get shot at like a real man.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'