Author Topic: what does the Aces High community and message board do for you?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
what does the Aces High community and message board do for you?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 06:23:01 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I'm here because the sun never sets, and the fish are always biting.

sure its cause you cant find a DATE! lol he he he joking man

Navajo24
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 06:42:56 PM »
Here's my take on it. I'm for the knowledge and entertainment. I enjoy the company. The S/N ratio is still reasonable. I bet most of you even know what a S/N ratio is. Most internet forum users probably think it's a sexual preferance or something.

I mean, we have some true fountains of knowledge here. It is simply the best source for WWII aircraft information on the internet. Bar none. Even the best WWII aircraft websites have nothing compared to our Aircraft and Vehicles forum. Want to know where the shell ejection ports on a 109E are? You will have your answer in less than 24 hours. We have some great authors and true gurus who frequent these boards. For whatever reason, we have managed to maintain just enough maturity to not drive them off.

I participate in numerous 'cycling forums on the net. I have many friends high up in the 'cycling world, both engineers/designers or world record holding athletes. By and large if they once participated in internet forums, they do so no longer. Nothing like holding a world record and having some internet expert telling you why your training or equipment or whatever is wrong. Nevermind your credentials, they are always right. It gets quite exasperating and after a while it is simply not worth the time and energy trying to correct all the mis-information slung about.

I'm going to make a horribley biased and stereotypical statement here. In my experience, airplane people are just "cooler" than the average joe, smarter too. When I was 12 years old I would listen with rapt attention to the old guys in my R/C airplane club telling stories about WWII, working at Lockheed, etc... Very few topics can bridge a gap like that. I can walk out to the airport here and strike up a friendly conversation with anyone out there. I took a glider lesson from Hod Anderson at Minden Airport, CA. The man was 85 years old, had over 30,000 hours logged, flew combat missions in P-38's in WWII. I made him sign my shirt :) I don't profess to know the how or why, I just like airplane people better than the average population.

So I guess that's a compliment to pretty much anyone who reads this. By definition you must be an airplane person. Airplane people are cool.

g00b

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 07:00:47 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
We band of brothers, we happy few.

For all of our differences, and yes they are many. Still we are more alike than any of my real life brothers. You all understand a part of me that no one else ever has, ever tried, or ever could. Indeed logging into Aces High is like going home.

Yeah ok so laz is still sniping at the bombers, the strat guys still not happy with the furballers. But underneath it all, we understand each other.

We are indeed like a big family, and everyone knows big familys have their share of fights. But they have their share of good times too. We just need to remember that everyone deals with frustration and anger. No need for us to add ours to their pile. Everyone has enough & then some to go around.

Share the good stuff, and there is lots of good stuff to share.

We all tend to take this a bit more serious than perhaps we should.
I understand, this is our life! This is what and who we are.

And yet we need to step back, outside of that view and take a long look.
Did I really just get that bent out of shape because I died in a game?????

This is an online flight sim folks, EVERYONE DIES!
Even God himself dies regularly in here. So why the anguish?

I am not sure what you are on, but I sure would like to try some  :rofl :rofl

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 07:11:23 PM »
difference between a soulful person and a materialistic i would geuss...
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 07:14:22 PM »
I participate on the BBS because chicks dig a high post count.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 07:26:42 PM »
no they dont Grits, honestly. Its ok though, i understand how you might have thought they would. :p
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 10:25:01 PM »
Well, your post count is higher than mine, so you oughta know. :aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 10:26:32 PM »
exactly!

lucky i have to beat them off with a stick outside my door each morning anyhow due to my charm and wit :cool:

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 11:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I participate on the BBS because chicks dig a high post count.

Well, this explains the dry spell.  I try to explain that before I stopped flying for 6 months and lost my old account I was much more studly..... But then I kinda drift off to sleep, they leave and I wake up with a shot glass on the nightstand.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 08:02:25 AM »
Its not hard to find FokerFoder!

DIG                  a little deeper in the well son, dig a little deeper in the well.
If you want a nice cool drink of water  you  have to dig a little deeper in the well.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 05:11:14 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Its not hard to find FokerFoder!

DIG                  a little deeper in the well son, dig a little deeper in the well.
If you want a nice cool drink of water  you  have to dig a little deeper in the well.

As a sub-clinical psychopath, I was kinda hoping to find some empathy (not sympathy)  in the Aces High community.

This is the virtual world in which the Mr. Hyde in me can fully emerge from the day to day Dr. Jeykl.  

I seek not enlightenment, but a good vulch, or cherry pick, or gang-bang, or....   (Fodder's eyes start to glaze over, and spittle starts to form at the corner of his mouth).

I think I need to get off this BBS and into the MA, my primordial needs are overcoming me :)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 08:55:14 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
....   (Fodder's eyes start to glaze over, and spittle starts to form at the corner of his mouth).

I think I need to get off this BBS and into the MA, my primordial needs are overcoming me :)

If you fart really good....that would help that need.:rofl :cry :rofl
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 09:02:39 AM »
Couldn't agree more Redtop!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 11:32:55 AM »
It makes the voices in my head go away.........:huh
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 11:36:50 AM »
it is educational. I don't watch the news but i read the boards and i know stuff about a 10 hours before anyone else does. you guys are quick! plus i get to laugh and make fun of not only americans but people all over the world! :aok