Author Topic: Im off to Florida :)  (Read 901 times)

storch

Im off to Florida :)
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2005, 11:16:11 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
Which is why aviation museums are inside Storch:aok
you'd be surprised as to how much stuff is outside.  try visiting first.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2005, 07:28:21 AM »
Originally posted by nirvana
Which is why aviation museums are inside Storch:aok

Kermit Weeks' original south Florida Museum was wiped out by a Cane as I recall.

storch

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2005, 07:50:27 AM »
yup hurricane andrew pretty much wiped out the hanger and damaged his impressive collection which included a very rare Ki61 dragged out of the jungles of newe guinea and displayed "as is".  oddly enough the planes left outside in the tiedowns fared considerably better except for the B17 suzie Q which ended up one mile away in a tomato field upside down.  I believe the 1987 golden wrench award winner at oshkosh the P51 cripes a mightyIII was totalled.  Kermit still maintains a restoration facility here in Miami.

Offline WMsharp

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.airbahamas.net/wm/widow-makers.htm
Kinda Late POO But....
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2005, 01:57:56 AM »
This post a lil' late for your travels but if you happen to log on while you in FL then...

I live in Daytona and some things you really should go sea are:

If you only have a week then i post only the top stuff!

Sea World  (awesome shows)
Magic Kingdom (for little ones)
Epcot or Mgm (need 2 days in each for full experience)
(make sure if you go to mgm to go on "tower of terror")
(epcot has cool race car ride now called "Test Track")

Cape Canaveral (also an air museum close by)

Make sure you visit "Downtown Disney" at dusk.
There's so much cool stuff and you can bring little ones until like 9pm I think.
Shops shows, comedy, music (all kinds western, pop, 70's, disco, etc etc)
Planet Hollywood WASTE of time dont bother paying extra few $$ to cross that little bridge into it :-(
If you want to see great circus and night then at Downtown Disney is "CircDeseoule" or somethin' like that.

Also great SHOW and I give it a 9 is Medieval Times! It has been in FL forever and gets rave reviews always! Go see it one night!

Medieval Times
4510 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy.
Kissimmee, Fl 34746-5317

P.O. Box 422385
Kissimmee, FL  34742-2385

Phone:
800.229.8300 / 407-396-1518 /  407-239-0214

Another great night hang out is OLD TOWN in Kissimme!
Its GREAT and they have the tallest SKYCOASTER in the USA!
Its like 300+ feet agl i think! When i was doing some flight training in Kissimmee we actually used that as one of our visual approches when arriving from the N - NW. It was called the Skycoaster Arrival hehe! Ive done the skycoaster and its worth every penny! Its like $70-$100 I think and you can get video!!

Fantasy Of Flight was err average at best. I occasionally get permission to land there in my twin cessna so maybe I shoulnt knock it but ive seen way better museums. Go to OSHKOSH museum in Wisconsin one day or the WRIGHT PATTERSON museum just outside Dayton, Ohio. They are 10's.
If you want aviation at cheap cost then go to KISM and visit the FLYING TIGERS warbird museum. Its like $10 and they have a b17, f105, t6's, and rides in t6's, stearman, etc etc. Its kewl!

Well other than that if you just want some smaller stuff:

GatorLand Is Excellent and is located just outside Kissimme, just grab a flyer on it anywhere and get directions. Info also below!
14501 South Orange Blossom Trail, between Orlando and Kissimmee. (407) 855-5496

Heres OLD TOWN info!
Mailing address:
Old Town
5770 W. U.S. Highway 192
Suite 324
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
For more information, please call (407) 396-4888.

Anyway sorry so late but you can use this for your next triup or the last leg of this one!

Have fun!

If you have a car which I assume you will then be SURE to drive down International Drive one day or night! So much to see and do on that road!

Steve

:aok