Author Topic: New "smoothing" code  (Read 560 times)

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
New "smoothing" code
« on: November 13, 2005, 08:36:14 AM »
Is it just me or is the game improved by leaps and bounds.  With the new patch the enemy planes movements seem MUCH more realistic, and akin to many of the gun camera films I've seen.

The "jerkiness" has gone away IMO, and has made the game have a much more realistic feel to it.

Or it could have been the drugs I was on?

Any body agree?

Balsy

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 10:03:50 AM »
Yes, I agree, Balsy........................ ................

it is the drugs you were on!   hee hee :D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:08:26 AM »
Looks smooth but i think the code messed up the film viewer. cons flying below the earth all the time.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 10:30:24 AM »
Not at all Balsy.  Instead of a small micro-warp at about d1000 the planes now seem to be able to "crab" sideways through the air.  Its odd to see a 110 spin 90deg like a top and accelerate away :D  It also seems to be closer in that the planes will do this, anywhere from d0 out to d800.  Bombers do seem a bit better though.  But it's hard to track a target that can fly sideways ;)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 11:45:30 AM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
Not at all Balsy.  Instead of a small micro-warp at about d1000 the planes now seem to be able to "crab" sideways through the air.  Its odd to see a 110 spin 90deg like a top and accelerate away :D  It also seems to be closer in that the planes will do this, anywhere from d0 out to d800.  Bombers do seem a bit better though.  But it's hard to track a target that can fly sideways ;)

yeah... the last patch helpes out somewhat.. so they on the right track... BUT Still seeing odd "movement" from nme con's d1.5 and under.

Not quite warping, their verctors just seem slightly diff. than where they really are.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 12:10:55 PM »
I got more warps/jumps/side to side stuff now than ever before. I was in a pazer last night and had another nme panzer jumping from side to side like it was doing some kind of dance for me.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 01:36:05 PM »
Films of this stuff would be greatly apreciated.

HiTech

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 01:52:35 PM »
ah, that's another thing HT, my film viewer is crashing within the first few minutes of the film. Sometimes less. Is there a directory I need to clean out and replace?

Ok, It says "Missing Shape" and its only with my G10 films so far. Does this mean that posibly all my g10 filmes are scrap because we no longer have the G10?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 02:13:37 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
New "smoothing" code
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 01:56:13 PM »
Rog-O HT will turn the film on some more.  Also seems to be in the larger furballs that this happens, but it also happens sometimes during a 1 v 1.

Send the films to the support email?