Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 11897 times)

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 01:38:47 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
DING DING DING... FiLtH wins the prize!  He is THOR with the HAMMER!  You can't bomb something without the ord and you can't capture anything without the drunks.  Now the problem is to organize, seems impossible in here and probably will be for generations. hehehe

The only thing that is missing from the experience in here is true organization and will not be possble as in here we don't have a "Commanding General" or wing commanders or Squadron leaders etc... Lots of folks like to play the leaders and not many wanna play followers.  I guess the bottom line is  that we all need to work as a collective as much as possible and be glad that we have what we have as there is nothing out ther that can compare to the experience that we all share in the game.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1:cool:

Ahh, but herein lies the lesson, awdoc.  Toolshedders are either more amenable to organization by nature, or the very nature of toolshed attacking adds a framework that organizes their activities and concentrates their efforts.  Or, their cowlike herd mentality makes them bunch up in the face of the mighty wolves of the air.

Furballers, on the other hand, are difficult to get organized.  It's like herding cats.  All that "meee, meee, miiiiine" getoutamyway Iamwonderful ego stuff, I think.  Or, it could be said that their individual skills--and the nature of air combat--are not amenable to easy organization.  Maintaining situational awareness in the presence of multiple threats is difficult.  Add the need to work to acheive a collective goal, and pilot overload occurs.

Take your pick.

We had a thread--and a challenge--a year or so ago.  I challenged the furball crowd to stop me from taking their bases, and TOLD THEM WHICH BASES WERE GOING TO BE TAKEN.  They could not get organized enough to stop the "land grab".  They lost the challenge, and (most of them) were pretty pizzed off about it.  But the outcome was inevitable.  We could repeat the experiment again, and would probably get the same results.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
What we have here, is a failure to communicate!
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 01:54:20 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
DING DING DING... FiLtH wins the prize!  He is THOR with the HAMMER!  You can't bomb something without the ord and you can't capture anything without the drunks.  Now the problem is to organize, seems impossible in here and probably will be for generations. hehehe

The only thing that is missing from the experience in here is true organization and will not be possble as in here we don't have a "Commanding General" or wing commanders or Squadron leaders etc... Lots of folks like to play the leaders and not many wanna play followers.  I guess the bottom line is  that we all need to work as a collective as much as possible and be glad that we have what we have as there is nothing out ther that can compare to the experience that we all share in the game.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1:cool:

So let me spell it out in language you can understand.

I get home from work at 6:00PM

I sit down for dinner at 6:30PM

I spend some time with the wife so that she will not complain about that stupid game. 8:00PM

If any other RL thing comes up I spend time on that. 9:00pm

Now I log on to AH and have at best 2-3 hours to fly. Why should I be forced to spend that time flying long distances to bomb troops and ord at back enemy bases (something I'm not very good at because IT'S BORING) because some dweebish toolsheadder cannot resist the temptation to drop the hangers at the only decent fight in the arena.

So let me recap for you.

We do not want to pork troops and ord

We do not want to fly for 45 minutes to help you capture an undefended airfield.

We will not nor ever will be your resource.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 01:56:11 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert

All that "meee, meee, miiiiine" getoutamyway Iamwonderful

Just curious if you think this doesn't apply to people on a map with over 100 bases going out of their way to take furball/fighter island?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 02:01:49 PM »
Or, their cowlike herd mentality makes them bunch up in the face of the mighty wolves of the air.

You said it.

:D

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 02:01:49 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 12:06:39 PM by Skuzzy »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03:31 PM »
Ahh, but herein lies the lesson, awdoc.  Toolshedders are either more amenable to organization by nature, or the very nature of toolshed attacking adds a framework that organizes their activities and concentrates their efforts.  Or, their cowlike herd mentality makes them bunch up in the face of the mighty wolves of the air.

LOL :rofl    Cows thats us but I like to think of us as ummm maybe Elephants.....    Yes elephants, large lumbering planes with pilots that have long nvrmnd, herding togeather and making the ground shake (as well as fighter pilots) upon our aproch!!! MWA HA HA HA......

And dropping large piles of wellll ...... I think i'll leve that part out. :)  

Note this post is to make people laugh and add levity to the thread and is not intended as an attack or to have any negative imput what so ever.
So please just take a deep breath and enjoy my small attemp to inject some humor into this thread.          Thank You
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 02:10:39 PM »
We had a thread--and a challenge--a year or so ago.  I challenged the furball crowd to stop me from taking their bases, and TOLD THEM WHICH BASES WERE GOING TO BE TAKEN.  They could not get organized enough to stop the "land grab".  They lost the challenge, and (most of them) were pretty pizzed off about it.  But the outcome was inevitable.  We could repeat the experiment again, and would probably get the same results.

i guess you forgot me takin' you up on that offer the following week, and you and your horde not capturing a single field that night.  

let me know if you are wanting to repeat the experiment.  LAST time I only had 1/2 your #'s.  This time I am pretty sure I could come closer to even numbers.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 02:12:23 PM »
Originally posted by God, speaking of Toolshedders
Some days darts get under my skin. especialy when some people are "Stuck on stupid." or my version "Clueless dolts."

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 02:20:32 PM »
what about us Porkballertankinsheders who actualy like doin a bit of everything?   :eek:
Cooleyof 367th

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 02:20:48 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 12:08:05 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 02:23:47 PM »
Note this post is to make people laugh and add levity to the thread and is not intended as an attack or to have any negative imput what so ever.
LOL I like the disclaimer, more and more necessary these days with the rash of thin skin going around LOLH:rofl

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 02:25:04 PM »
Ok... let's get some things straight.... some of you are under the mistaken idea that there is some form of simbiotic relationship between the mouse wielders and the noble furballers...

There is not... not needed anyways... the noble furballers do not need the base capture mouse wielding "win the war" types... for they most part they are just a way to get hit percentage up... of no real use to a true furballer anyway...

There may be some instances where the attempted base capture benifiets the noble furballer but that is incedental... not really something to strive for..

no.. the relationship is more like that of a leech and it's host...  the pathetic mouse wielders need the noble furballers but the oppossite is not at all true... in fact.. the pathetic mouse weilders are allways harmfull to their host furballers.

If the fields are close together the noble furballers make their own fun with no consideration for the anything but the fight.   Any "participation" by the pathetic mouse wielders is just leech activity.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 02:27:22 PM »
Aces High is a simulation/game of the second world war air war, or parts of it.

it is also a tactical and very 3 sided constant battle for world domination.

it is also a place for dogfighting enthusiasts go to fight other purley for the fight alone.

Cant we all just accept that and play. i think you are all taking this game way to seriously.....

for me it is what ever i choose it to be. dueling sessions, furballing, fighter sweeps with my great friends of our squad, hunting prey, being hunted, winning, losing, crashin, burnin, landing kills, talking rubbish with friends.

is there really a need to set everything in stone like this.

"welcome to aces high your subscription is autherized. please choose the appropriate style of play:

[] Furballer
[] Toolshedder

thank you and enjoy your game"
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 02:34:27 PM »
Who care aobut furballers vs. toolshedders?  Its tired already.  

As long as everyone is fighting in the same area and the land trades hands fast enough to avoid stagnation, all would be good.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Toolshedders
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 02:35:08 PM »
Ya know, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with base grabbers, if they stuck to the base grabbin only. You don't need to take out the FHz at the base to take it. You wanna bomb? Great, bomb the town and VH. You bomb the FHz you take the ball out of the fighters court. And even though we are at an enemy base, we have to go defensive because the enemy comes from a base farther away which makes them higher/faster than the planes that you just stopped from upping. Soon people will realize, it's killing the fighter hangars that's becoming the demise of base capturing.