Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 11895 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #510 on: November 13, 2005, 11:02:48 AM »
How would you know beet.... you..... don't..... play..

as for what this is about... I thought it was about furballing vs toolsheding and then you brought up the relative realism of both..

I guess you do think that the toolsheders are the realistic ones..  with their realistic mouse model and realistic strat targets (kill the carport and no planes can take off).

but.. you are sorta correct on one thing.... I have to be really really bored with no real fite anywhere else to kill a fluff and the 30.... er..... 3....er.... ONE guy in it.... Oh wait... he doesn't really die does he?  he simply jumps (transports) into one of the remaining fluffs in the box..

but then... you wouldn't know anything about it since...  You.... don't.....play..

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #511 on: November 13, 2005, 01:01:01 PM »
Originally posted by nazgulAX
505 posts in 1 thread?....Is this a record?

Not even close.... this one got closed at 2006 posts. :)

Meet "The VOSS CONSPIRACY... fascinating new book"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 01:03:25 PM by DipStick »

Offline KaK3

• Zinc Member
enable furrballers
« Reply #512 on: November 13, 2005, 01:10:05 PM »
Make fitertown and tanktown bases unporkable like (dare I blasphemly say) AW used to have, then furballers will always have safe place to fight fast.
THose that look at maps dar and try to find even dar bars to engage  are weekkneed sissylalas, find the sector with the largest enemy darbar and up there,you wont be dissapointed.
KaK3MAW
'history never makes mistakes'

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #513 on: November 13, 2005, 01:58:42 PM »
DS - I thought you were putting me on ignore! - or was that statement BS like all your others?

How would you know beet.... you..... don't..... play.. - Lazs
I qualified my statement by saying "But unless things have changed"... and I say again that a buff pilot could (back then) invite other players to man the gun positions. Are you saying that's BS? Is that what DS thinks is BS? The one slightly gamey part of it was that they could join mid flight, using the AH teleport device! :lol

You keep banging on about buffs and toolshedders, not just in this thread but in numerous other threads over the years. I really can't see what your problem is. Just because YOU think that YOUR way is the only way to play this game, on maps of which YOU approve because they meet YOUR criteria, does that mean that everyone else has to toe the furball line? What happened to all that "more freedom" stuff you're fond of spouting in the O'Club?

Yes I do think that the toolshedders game is more realistic than yours in a relative sense. It's simple. In WW2, the didn't just send up fighters to toy with other fighters. WW2 had an objective - land grab. The Germans were after Limeyland and they damn near succeeded. The strategy was to bring in bombers to destroy strategic targets - factories, towns, airfields. They wanted to destroy the RAF on the ground. This was a prelude to invasion which, as in AH (unless things have changed) would be achieved by landing troops at some stage. Thankfully that never happened. Did they ever destroy the fighter hangars at our airfields? You bet your life they did. One of my uncles served in WW2 (as a civilian) and his job as a builder was to repair airfields that had been hit. I shall find out more....

But basically, if other players want to engage in what they feel is as close as they can get to simulating WW2 combat and capture of territory using the strat objects that exist in AH because they were put there by HTC, you're saying that they're wrong because it doesn't accord with YOUR model of how the MA should be. YOU KNOW that HTC created the strat as it is and YOU KNOW that they put buffs in the game, and you SHOULD know that the objective of AH as defined by the very people who produced it is "to capture territory by land, sea and air attacks" - or something like that.

So if you can't be arsed to get off your virtual butt to repel the very attacks which you so despise, maybe you're playing the wrong game - or the right game the wrong way.