Author Topic: Picture says it all...  (Read 1634 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
Wmaker...So a few people on this board think attacking China is a good idea, and our entire nation is now off kilter?  I won't comment on Wobble's picture, because well, he's Wobble, and I try not to delve into his thought process  .  I think attacking China would be stupid, and I found the picture that SW posted pretty damned funny.  It doesn't advocate attacking China...it's humor, plain and simple.

I think we should kiss Chinas bellybutton as much as we need to, in order to get our airmen back.  Whatever it takes, saying we're sorry, saying China is the greatest nation ever, whatever.  Once we get 'em back, it's time to sever all ties with China.  It may take a while, but they've proven themselves unreliable, and unable/unwilling to comply with international treaties.  Piss on 'em.  Hopefully they'll end up with a decent government someday soon.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
I am glad that mr. Bush showed that the life and freedom of his citizens is more important for him then "losing his face in front of that chi-coms".

Anyway, I don't understand why the hell Chineese held American crew and made all that noise.

Wmaker, very well said! Our nations know what war is...

BTW, where di this "chi-com" word come from? Or is it a new invention?

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
Nah I don't think in40 years your children will be playing games like this more like in 200 since after a war with them there won't be any of us left they're already here.

------------------
Glasses---I may have 4 eyes ,but you only have one wing.
Besser tot als rot

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »
Boroda, comes from 'Chinese Communist'...which is different mind set that that of Taiwan, who are also Chinese...but have a democracy.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
chi-com comes from the korea war, means chinese communist.

3 days ago i sent e-mail to chinese embassy demanding return of the 24 and told them i was going to boycott chinese products, ...don't tell me i have no power.

by the way, it took over a min to log in to their server, must have been a bizzy night

what china really wants is total control of south china sea and all islands therein.

let me ask you this ...if china was not holding 24 people hostage do you think the USA would have even said the word sorry???

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2001, 01:18:00 PM »
So it comes from the 50s, just what I thought...

john9001, I don't think that such a case is worth apologysing if people lifes are not involved in it. But now GWB gained some more respect from me.

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

funked

Picture says it all...
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
WM don't let this forum shape your opinions of Americans.  The people in this forum, especially the ones who post a lot, are largely a pretty weird and borderline mentally disabled group.  And Wobble has managed to distinguish himself even among this "elite" group of fruitcakes.  So if you take his opinion as representative of the whole USA, you are getting a horribly incorrect impression.

Also I think we must have a different sense of humor.  For me (and most people I know), the humor in pictures, like the one in this thread and the "apology" missile, is because we are laughing at the whole idea that the US would go to war with China over this, because it is such an idiotic notion.  It is so stupid that it is funny.  

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
WM don't let this forum shape your opinions of Americans.  The people in this forum, especially the ones who post a lot, are largely a pretty weird and borderline mentally disabled group.  

I resemble that remark !

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Picture says it all...
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
S! SOB

SOB, I didn't exactly mean that EVERYBODY in the USA thought the same way as many in this board. There are lot of great and not so great folks in USA, in China and in every country on this planet. I don't know any US citizens in person but I've met many great folks over the net that live there. I just found this "NUKE'EM-attitude" bit alarming.

The fact that USA had to apologize with the exact right words shows just how silly these things can get in the diplomatical level. It's like kids in the friggin' sand box..."You didnt say 'I'm sorry' nice enough, say it again!". What does Chinese Goverment think it gained with this apology? I think it's pretty obvious to the world why Bush apologized. But you are right SOB, it's well worth the lives and/or freedom of 24 people.

Originally posted by SOB:
 Hopefully they'll end up with a decent government someday soon.

My thoughts exactly.

Salute Boroda! I'm glad you agree.

1Wmaker1
Lentolaivue 34
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Picture says it all...
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2001, 03:48:00 PM »

WM don't let this forum shape your opinions of Americans.  The people in this forum, especially the ones who post a lot, are largely a pretty weird and borderline mentally disabled group.  And Wobble has managed to distinguish himself even among this "elite" group of fruitcakes.

ROTFLMAO!!! point taken  

Also I think we must have a different sense of humor.  For me (and most people I know), the humor in pictures, like the one in this thread and the "apology" missile, is because we are laughing at the whole idea that the US would go to war with China over this, because it is such an idiotic notion.  It is so stupid that it is funny.  

Ok funked I'm starting to see it now  

1Wmaker1
Lentolaivue 34
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

AKSeaWulfe

Picture says it all...
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2001, 03:55:00 PM »
I R spesheal. poublik ejumakatiun werkd fur mi!!!!!

See the difference between a picture that's doctored up to be funny, and the real thing is... well one's intended to be a joke while the other is intended to start a war.

When you confuse the two, you are inevitably a beer short of a 6 pack.

Now my dumb American bellybutton is going out back to kill me some gators and drink me some beer. YEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW  
-SW

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Picture says it all...
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Picture says it all...
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2001, 04:38:00 PM »
Wobble has a problem with people of an oriental origin.

He started just coming right out in the open by calling Japanese players 'gooks'.

A few people thought this pretty disgusting and he tried to appear respectable for a while.

He then periodically exploded over little things such as the light bulbs on this BB not working, before calming down and appearing 'normal'.

Recently he stated how much he hated China and Chinese people and after taking some flak, was a bit quiet.

He seems to be posting again now.

The Sine curve that is Wobble.

Like everyone says, I wouldn't take Wobble as being a prime example of the average American. Which is a good thing indeed.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Picture says it all...
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dowding:
Like everyone says, I wouldn't take Wobble as being a prime example of the average American. Which is a good thing indeed.

BTW what are your impressions on AKSeawulfe ?  
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

AKSeaWulfe

Picture says it all...
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by Wmaker:
BTW what are your impressions on AKSeawulfe ?  

Better yet, what is my impression of you.........    
-SW