Author Topic: Personal Responsibility  (Read 939 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2005, 11:22:48 AM »
It is really easy to shoot down every idea which proposes changes.  It is much harder to make those changes than to accept the status quo.

You have to start somewhere or you never get anything done.  You can never get a system in place which cannot be corrupted.  It is not the system at fault.  The fault lies within the people we employ to run our government.

To change who we trust at the helm, we need to have a system which will be intolerable of those who do corrupt it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2005, 11:25:28 AM »
The none of the above option actually belongs in the Primary. It can be held far enough in advance so that the actual main electin can continue after the political party gets the message and regroups. As to how to get it on the ballot, that was covered in civics / social studies / government or whatever term they used to cover the classes on how the government is structured to work. Think petition and go from there. Secondly if you are interested in how any political party chooses it's cantidates go get involved at the local level. Every party has options at the local level for you to get into the "system" and work for what you believe. If you don't do this you really have done nothing but sit back and wait for someone else who did do that to make the decisions as to who will run at any level then serve them up to you like pablum.

On another related subject. If you didn't vote last election and you were eligable, you have no reason to ***** and or complain. You shirked your own personal responsibility to have a say in how things are done. Just simply STFU and go sit in the corner because you had a chance to participate but couldn't summon the backbone to do it. Don't complain because someone else was able to do more than the nothing you did and things didn't go your way.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2005, 11:37:13 AM »
Not everyone has the luxury of having the time to get directly involved with the process Maverick.  I certainly don't.  I, like most people, rely on those who can get involved to help make the right decisions.
So far, it ain't working.  I wish I did have time to get directly involved.

The petition would only work at the state level, if memory serves.  Without it being implemented nation-wide it would be an exercise in futility.  Am I wrong here?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »
Skuzzy,

No one on this BBS is too busy to make a few phone calls, send e-mails or write letters. If they were, they wouldn't be posting here.

Primaries are all done at the state level. The primary is for you to tell the members of the party who you want placed on the ballot. Much of the work is done ahead of time but if you didn't do the petition, letter writing, caucasing etc. then you didn't make your voice heard before the pablum container came by.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2005, 11:53:46 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Your generation...thats why we're in this mess....YOUR generation, not mine.  Problem is...you got old before you died.

Now grow up. We know why you started the thread.

TROLL!

This crap just keeps on getting funnier. You and I are almost the same age. Where exactly does that "generational" thing split?

Truth be known I was planning to do a riff on that Bush quote for a while. It is hilariously hypocritical. The fact that it was part of your sig only put frosting on the cake.

BTW... name calling must be something from your generation.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2005, 11:55:53 AM »
Maverick, I have done my fair share of letter writting.  It all falls on deaf ears (I have written to state and federal persons and have never gotten a response).  
I have participated in large organized protests and nothing (a coalition of over 1,000 business owners attempting to prevent large coporations from unfairly charging people for services being rendered on behalf of said corporations by smaller companies).

While it appears there are processes in place, many times they simply do not work, for whatever reason.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2005, 11:59:21 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
This crap just keeps on getting funnier. You and I are almost the same age. Where exactly does that "generational" thing split?

April 12, 1973, 20:35 GMT
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2005, 11:59:54 AM »
Well Skuzzy, if you tried you did more than 99.999999% of many complainers. I didn't say whatever you were trying to accomplish would be feasable just that there are ways to make you voices heard.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2005, 12:13:24 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
April 12, 1973, 20:35 GMT

Thanks... making a note.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2005, 09:47:28 AM »
It is fairly easy here... we have phone numbers of our representitives.   When a bill is being considered you can call the commie witch and tell her that you are for it or oppose it.  some mush brained little commie in training will choke out a strained "thank you" and would ignore you except...

the rep needs to send you a letter thanking your for your support/opposition (check one) of the bill... if you don't get the letter... the little jerkoff that took the call tossed it.

I also tell people of like mind to call.

It isn't much but it feels slightly better to have done it... kinda like voting in that respect.

The last time I went on a "rally" was to oppose MTBE additive in gasoline.  we had about 5,000 people but were ignored as everyone knows that MTBE is harmless and useful.   I still feel better for doing it.

speaking out here is not such a bad thing either..  Don't know if anyones mind is changed but it often makes me do the research and rethink things... certainly others are affected the same way.

lazs