Author Topic: Time to end the bomber starvation.  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Time to end the bomber starvation.
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2006, 11:43:07 AM »
Originally posted by Wolf14
Guy A flying the bomber, shoots down Guy B.
Guy A keeps flying trying to leave area.
Guy B reups to go kill Guy A cause he's in bombers and bombers must die.
Guy A shoots down Guy B again.
Guy A is still trying to get away and sure enough Guy B has re-upped.
Guy B finaly kills all bombers because he wore down the group from his last few outtings.

Guy A gets worn down
Guy B gets new fighter each time.
Guy A is still flying same bombers with less ammo and damage.

In my opinion guy B had his chance the first time. He got shot down. He should not have an option to re-up a plane to go after the bomber group he got shot down by for 2 minutes and not within 50miles. If he wants to go kill something that bad he can go to the other plethera of fields that are being attacked or defended against and get his jollies off getting his kills.

For all the historical aspect of it, Sure alot of the thousands of bombers that went out never made it back, but is there any documentation of a german pilot getting shot down and being able to re-up another fighter, climb to alt (20-30kish), and attack same bomber group that had kept a straight line for home?

Historically...how many bombers did a single individual fly at the same
time?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »
Guy A flying the bomber, shoots down Guy B.
Guy A keeps flying trying to leave area.
Guy B reups to go kill Guy A cause he's in bombers and bombers must die.
Guy A shoots down Guy B again.
Guy A is still trying to get away and sure enough Guy B has re-upped.
Guy B finaly kills all bombers because he wore down the group from his last few outtings.

Guy A gets worn down
Guy B gets new fighter each time.
Guy A is still flying same bombers with less ammo and damage.

How did he catch you 3 times? Loitering or doing the 1K bomber formation thing?

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2006, 01:43:51 PM »
Originally posted by ZENMS
Heh...heh.... I flew this game a couple of years ago and just never really liked bombing in it. But then you didnt have the drones.... so the other day when I finally got it working on my new X2 system, I was flying a long in a pj... I saw three bombers, blew the poop outta them and they just kept on going. I didnt know until now that there was one "mother ship" (for lack of a better word) and two drones lmao!! Ok I get it... but which one do you have to kill, or which one is the M/S?
to answer this question... there is no "mother ship"

if you kill the lead, one of the drones becomes the lead. if you kill a drone the lead and other drone keep on going.

basically you get to fly 3 planes, or you get to kill 3 planes depending on your point of view :aok
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2006, 04:32:15 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
How did he catch you 3 times? Loitering or doing the 1K bomber formation thing?

I'll be honest, I exagerated a lil bit.  At most I shot one guy down twice and almost a third but I was able to land. He upped from a field in front of me the second time and the third was the same field he upped from the second time. The field I was landing at was near that field. Due to fuel levels I didnt have an option to go to another field toland.

I was just trying to illustrate a point that to some degree as a bomber pilot, I too feel that in some cases the gaming balance for bombers is slanted. I just feel that the same guy who can re-up with a fresh plane each time to come and try to shoot me down after shooting him down is being given the instant win button. A bomber even with all its guns and multi controled planes, after being shot up, doesnt have any advantage over the fresh fighter. Keep in mind to, My argument is toward the guy who keeps re-upping and being a salamander determined to get the last word in.

As far as loitering, that is something I really try not to do. I want to get in, drop, and get out. If I extend out and come back to drop what I have left, I still get out. I also try to use the correct bomber for the altitude. If I take up heavies I am usualy anywhere from 12-30k. I find people who only seem to know how to do low level dive bombing runs with heavies rather lame.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 04:37:13 PM by Wolf14 »

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2006, 10:51:41 PM »
I think you are correct Sim, after looking at the posts, BomberJockey and sgtdeaux are most deffinately the same person.

Offline helldiver

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2006, 09:54:41 AM »
we need a HALIFAX! now!
:noid

Offline the Lazy ace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2006, 12:32:19 PM »
for god sake u people are PATHETIC. sgtdaux just wanted to know if fighter are gettin more praise than bombers.u guys did the same thing to me when i posted my thead about the A20. i totaly agree with sgtdaux and jester and who ever supported but dont wast valuable time bringin up a totaly different subject. read the thread CAREFULLY and think before u write u people reallt need to grow up

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2006, 12:58:48 PM »
I think you are the one that needs to learn how to read. If you notice, this thread is OVER 3 MONTHS OLD and sgtdeux is long banned from the BBS.  Quit crying like a kid and grow up.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline the Lazy ace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
GET BENT.

Offline helldiver

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2006, 07:25:34 PM »
what bombers do we want in game? somebody make a list of them.:noid

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
B29
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2006, 04:53:33 AM »
For all the historical aspect of it, Sure alot of the thousands of bombers that went out never made it back, but is there any documentation of a german pilot getting shot down and being able to re-up another fighter, climb to alt (20-30kish), and attack same bomber group that had kept a straight line for home?

AH is not a WW2 simulation and as such any comparisons to how WW2 was fought and this game is meaningless.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2006, 04:56:35 AM »
Originally posted by WindX
Let me rephrase that, Get rid of formations and have only one bomber and let it be manned by multiple people. :aok

HiTech has already said many times that will not happen for the same reason there aren't rear view mirrors on some of the planes that had them.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline helldiver

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2006, 06:38:35 PM »
your probobly right:noid

Offline helldiver

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2006, 06:38:35 PM »