Author Topic: The big one... Leviathn v Nomak  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
The big one... Leviathn v Nomak
« on: October 09, 2005, 02:24:12 AM »
Here it is.  I am to damn tired to comment on it but it was great fun.  Will comment tomorrow.

Dave

MaknLevi

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 02:28:11 AM »
This was a lot of fun.  I wasn't getting the kills like I would have liked on some of those shots, but those are the risks you take when you give it all for a potential shot.  I had a load of fun tonight, and I hope everyone finds these films enjoyable and informative.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 09:20:29 AM »
All i can say is OMFG. The low speed handling you both exibit is insane.
A bid to both of you. And thanx again for posting. Very  entertaning and informative.

Question you both have sensitivity sliders all the way up?
Also any dampining ?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 10:12:52 AM »
I would really like to thank Todd/Leviathn for taking the time to make this film with me.  I had asked him if he would give me an hour in the DA to do this and he made himself available within 24 hours of the request.  Not only did he give me an hour but I was able to get an hour and 40mins of great duels (hence the name "The big one").  

As usual Todd was the ultimate proffesional in his flying.  There were times that he landed good kill shots on me and I didnt go down and he didnt whine, complain or even miss a beat.  Actually we had some good laughs about it.

The intention of this film was not to prove anything in terms of "whos the best" It was just supposed to show some great fights for instruction and entertainment.

This will be the last DA film I will post so enjoy it.  I know we both had alot of fun making it.

Dave

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:41:29 PM »
I'm getting an error message when I try to download this masterpiece of martial arts!

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 12:46:06 PM »
Originally posted by MOSQ
I'm getting an error message when I try to download this masterpiece of martial arts!

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161699
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 04:56:07 PM »
Its back up.

Dave

Offline Paintbrush

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 11:09:29 PM »
That's really good stuff! Very entertaining as well.  Lots to learn from it.  Much cudos for taking the time, as well as posting it.

Edit: My cudos goes to Levi as well. (Just in case that didn't get across)

Again, great stuff, both of you. Thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:16:28 PM by Paintbrush »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Figured I'd move over to the proper thread...
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 05:40:21 PM »
Phew, man, that's like an epic movie, nearly two hours!

Anyway, I'll have to watch it in little bits and pieces (just got to about 15min), but amazing fighting fellas!

This is going to be hard as heck to put into words...  But I thought seemed as though you almost positioned yourselves away from the shot that would come at the cross of the rolling scissor, by moving at the beginning of the rolling scissor, by maybe scooting over a few few left or right...

I'll have to try that.  Figure out what works well.

I also like how not every rolling scissor has to be a big dive, climb, wide oval affair, but could rather just be a simple roll with little altitude difference (which I suppose is somewhat necessary when you're going that slow).

I'll have to try that too.  (Gonna have to figure out how to get a spit that slow first though, lol)

Anyway as I watch more I might try & pick your brains more, and, once again, sorry for being late to the party :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 09:09:22 PM »
Nomak & Levi( aka DMF ) very entertaining film, thank you for sharing with us....

Vudak,
Saturday night in the KOTH , you  impressed me a great deal with your BFM/ACM  great flying there :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 09:28:43 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser

Vudak,
Saturday night in the KOTH , you  impressed me a great deal with your BFM/ACM  great flying there :aok

Thanks TC, those training sessions/hours of practicing with Sik1 really helped :)

Now if I can only get Stang's gastank to explode  as opposed to run dry ;)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline pigface

• Nickel Member
      • Home Systems Integration
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 10:36:05 PM »
Thans for these Nomak and Leviathon, this is great! Thanks the taking the time to put this together. I always leart from your films! See ya in the air (if only for a second or two).

People who like this sort of thing, find this the sort of thig they like.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 10:27:18 PM »
I tried to get the film again, it seems to be down. Any chance of putting it back up?